my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Mad Rants   » KME & WinMe

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KME & WinMe
JC
Member # 55

Rate Member

posted December 03, 2002 03:21     Profile for JC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of course! It just occured to me now that the KKND2 programmers *might* have used WinNT (or Win2000) in developing the game and the KME. I mean, they probably wouldn't have used Win98.

Since Win2000 came from WinNT and WinME is a stripped-down Win2000, it only makes sense that KME only works in WinME!

What do you think, programmers? Anyone?

Well, in any case, I'll check out Starcraft, and its Campaign Editor and see if I can make an unofficial KKND mission out of it. Seems to be the only plausible solution for now!

freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2003 18:15     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol that could prove fairly interesting. Although considering the acctual editor that came with the bloody game dosen't work i highly doubt it possible.

Meh..

--------------------

Exams are coming wo is me no time for games ahh the terror.

Posts: 112 | From: Underground | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 08, 2003 11:57     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The bugs in the KME cause the program to crash in scrupilous OSs like 2000. ME is the last in the DOS based operating systems, very similar to 98.

Try a dual boot in ME and your main OS. Its certainly not worth formatting and installing an inferior OS.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matthew Campbell
Member # 63

Rate Member

posted March 19, 2003 09:19     Profile for Matthew Campbell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How does KKND KME run in Windows XP? I just bought a P4 Machine and haven't played any games yet.

--------------------

"I am the Alpha and the Omega"

Posts: 19 | From: Valdese, North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 19, 2003 12:30     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am not the person to talk to about this. I believe that you need a FAT32 partition (at least) and perhaps you need to install WInME before WinXP. As you probably have a pre-installed system, you'll have to format, partition, install ME on FAT32, then install XP on another partition (wise to convert to NTFS).

Please confirm all of this before touching your computer. It will take a little time and require your computer to be fully backed up (and settings saved).

If you have another, older computer you can use, perhaps try the KME editor here first. You may not like the program and decide that its not worth it!

Let me know what you'll be doing so that I can offer more advice (if you like).

--------------------

cloud271
Member # 49

Rate Member

posted March 25, 2003 13:34     Profile for cloud271     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
har har har, reminds me of when i made my own warcraft with wc2, and the time i did that with stronghold..for the text, i used q-basic!! yeah!
i was like 8 when i did wc2..

well, i can't do a kknd2 cause I have win98, bah.

--------------------

...eh?

Posts: 20 | From: if you knew, i'd have to kill you :p | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 26, 2003 08:01     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can run KME on Windows 98, but it crashes more frequently than with ME.

--------------------

cloud271
Member # 49

Rate Member

posted March 26, 2003 13:21     Profile for cloud271     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nahoo:
You can run KME on Windows 98, but it crashes more frequently than with ME.

something crashes more than '98?
that's frightening..

--------------------

...eh?

Posts: 20 | From: if you knew, i'd have to kill you :p | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 26, 2003 19:14     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think you misunderstood...

Windows 98: crashes a lot
Windows ME: doesn't crash, memory errors occur if you don't restart frequently
Windows 2K/XP: Won't start at all without a fatal error

--------------------

Matthew Campbell
Member # 63

Rate Member

posted April 22, 2003 22:00     Profile for Matthew Campbell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I changed the tga files on the urban raw image files to bmps....
Why is it that they do not show up correctly on the tile set? The entire background for the km file changes to either and aqua color or a dark purple texture. Is there a way to get around this or have I come to a dead end. I hope someone can show me the light...

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: Matthew Campbell ]

--------------------

"I am the Alpha and the Omega"

Posts: 19 | From: Valdese, North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 27, 2003 13:50     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You'll need to talk with PeeDee on this. Her details are available on the forum.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04