my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Map Editing   » how to use KME?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to use KME?
Significant Other
Member # 23

Member Rated:

posted August 09, 2002 00:24     Profile for Significant Other     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
could sum1 plz explain to me how to use KME!! i hav a look at da interface, and it all looks normal but then i try to use it and i get no where. so could sum1 plz email the explanation to me but b4 they do, plz tell me here that they hav.
i got my hotmail filter set to exclusive, so if i no it is there i no to look for it. mak sense?
my email is mech_62@hotmail.com

--------------------

The cycle of hatred continues, untill something is done about it.

Its time to take the power back.

Posts: 42 | From: Albury | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 10, 2002 19:53     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Thirteen Step Approach
1. Draw a mission diagram on paper or on your computer
2. Outline the landscape in KME without features like trees, plants and scenery-type buildings
3. Configure army stats, colours, starting points
4. Insert buildings and units with individual attributes
5. Test mission for correct locations of buildings/units and correct colours and allies
6. Correct errors with units and buildings
7. Add plants and scenery
8. Modify attributes layer
9. Test mission for playability and difficulty
10. Modify mission, unit locations, building locations, activation times, start RUs
11. Test mission playability
12. Calculate par time
13. Upload to KKND 2 Downloads and display on Missions section

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Significant Other
Member # 23

Member Rated:

posted August 13, 2002 23:30     Profile for Significant Other     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanklz 4 dat. i only get a lil further now, coz i jus tried a simple map, desert (could sum1 plz send me some more tilesets), then place a few units to c if it works, then i go to the attributes tab, and it does an illegal operation. so each time i hav to start again coz it corrupts the save file for the mission i was doin.
could it b coz my copy is burnt, n sumting didnt copy properly, or a deliberate fault by the company so it couldnt b used properly?

--------------------

The cycle of hatred continues, untill something is done about it.

Its time to take the power back.

Posts: 42 | From: Albury | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 14, 2002 10:19     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KME crashes frequently and for no apparent reason, hence the description of the Mad Rants forum.

Please try the desert tileset before getting your hands on Peedee's grassy tiles. Once you output a working mission, then its probably time to concentrate on a good playable mission requiring thought and expert strategic positionning to achieve the final goal.

--------------------

PeeDee
Member # 12

Member Rated:

posted September 22, 2002 17:14     Profile for PeeDee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also do not add any other tiles to the desert tile set as it will cause you to have these errors. It is not compatible with other tiles as the palette was not provided to us by Melbourne House. Just use it as it is.

--------------------

IP 68.116.88.71

Posts: 86 | From: Turlock, California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 23, 2002 06:49     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have found that too. The MH tileset for the desert tiles is not complete by a long shot and many of the tiles are not very good fits.

Making missions is one big compremise, but its worth it when you receive comments back from people on this site.

--------------------

Mad_Max
Member # 61

Rate Member

posted October 28, 2002 18:31     Profile for Mad_Max     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it seems there are not tiles sets within the KME I've downloaded from the present site.

also except the Urban one, where can I download some more ?
where could I find a tileset editor that would use the Melbourne's palette ?

--------------------

Krush Kill 'n' Destroy ... but virtualy that would kill no one (hehe) :cool:

Posts: 11 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04