my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Map Editing   » Two *New* Extra Tilesets

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two *New* Extra Tilesets
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 16:19     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I plan on converting the KKND 1 tilesets to KKND 2. That way, some of missions will seem like they are battling over territory that their ancestors fought on. I will make sure to add lots of derelict buildings and damaged structures in with it. I also like the buried Statue of Liberty, dams, and the Oil refineries that litter the landscapes in the first game.

But for now, I'm going to finish the KKND2 tilesets. If everything goes well, I should have the grassland done just before Christmas, and the Urban started. During the Christmas break, I will be able to get a helluva lot done.

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 18:08     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
about time with you starting the goodies. I like the point of the grassland. some old stuff from kknd 1 if you noticed it. my god my grammar sucks.
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 20:17     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't envy your work on these tilesets. You'll have to think about the double layers for some tiles as well as the order of placing the tiles (eg. basic ones first).

I've noticed that there are many Desert tiles that are conviniently missing in the desert.kp file. Perhaps these deserve your attention before opting for KKND1 tiles?

Goodluck!

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: Nahoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 10:32     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The hardest things I have to do are the roads, bridges, trees, and tunnels. The bridges being the hardest, I'll probably do them last. I've already come up with the order they go based on the desert tileset.

Not only do I have to worry about two layers, I also have to apply the attributes, which is fairly easy.

Considering the number of extra missions available that are actually in the desert, I think I'll work on updating the desert tileset last.

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 30, 2001 23:52     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How are these coming on? Have you had any problems yet?

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 20:53     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2 weeks on: Any news on the tileset creation?

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 03, 2002 00:56     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dammit ben you owe us a tile set! Nahoo is currently taking care of the site. I am designing kknd 3. And we are hoping that you are working on the tile sets! so wtf
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2002 21:09     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any progress in this area of KKND 2 development?

--------------------

BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted January 08, 2002 00:49     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, but as you can tell, I've fallen behind a lot. I had to work all Christmas holiday. And school is starting back up again. Sorry, I'm trying.

The bridges really piss me off..... I'm leaving them out. Along with some of the trees, maybe.

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 08, 2002 10:53     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to nag you, its just that noone's hear much from you on the tilesets for 2 months now.

Leave the trees and bridges to the last. The plants are the final objects in the the desert.kp file anyway.

Please post updates here, you are no the only one with lots of work. All you have to do is focus on one thing at a time and you'll get through anything.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04