my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Map Editing   » Funky Crashes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Funky Crashes
Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 14, 2001 18:46     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
whenever i do anything in the KKnD2 mission editor, it crashes for no specific reason. how can i fix it???
Posts: 28 | From: Bowels Of Hell | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 20:55     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KME is really buggy, if you give some info whether you are using Windows 95, 98, ME, 2K or XP, I am sure one of us will be able to help.

If you are using 95 or 98 its general very unstable. The editor crashes with all of us, its not just you. All the custom missions were made on a knife edge (at least mine anyway). I had Windows 98 at that time and had to stop on the Oil Hunt due to the program crashing on starting up. Nothing managed to stop this, even complete reinstalls of KKND2.

Perhaps someone else has something useful to say...

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 21:04     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
something useful huh? how about windows me does not crash up for me ever when using kme. and its not just my computer. I have tested it on 3 different computers! And they all have me and they all work fine. and don't be mad because the kme does not want to make a (export technically) mutliplayer mission. it has problems. get me it has been fully tested by yours truly. later. also glad to see a second non moderator person. just as long as the list keeps growing.
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 21:08     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KME sometimes crashes when I mess around with new tiles and try to export. I suppose this ain't the same as in Windows 98 where it crashes a lot...

Anyway, its a buggy program and it should have had more attention paid to it when the game was shipped.

--------------------

Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 14, 2001 21:13     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
im using windows XP (ick) and it crashes all the time, its not buggy, its seriously flawed, i think it might be a defective copy its so bad. can one of u guys hook me up with a place to download a non-buggy version from? (either that or tell me what i have to do to get it to work)
thanks alot!

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 21:21     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
uhm nahoo can you send him your copy or am I going to have to send him mine?
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 21:21     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll see what I can do... tomorrow. Check the downloads in 24 hours.

--------------------

Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 14, 2001 21:34     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks alot guys!
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 21:38     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
all in good service to a fellow kknd 2'er
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2001 00:53     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems to me, that the only thing Windows ME is good for, is making KKND 2 missions...
...ME is more of a RAM hog than Windows95&98SE combined.

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2001 14:52     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tried the editor two years ago, (i had win98)
It crashed really often, then i tried it at my brother's (win95)---worse--. Now I have Me, but it still crashes too often. I just wanted to mention this.

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 15, 2001 15:15     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if mine would work, id be happy. ive been using windows so long im used to things crashing. (yes, i am insulting microsoft)
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2001 21:54     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, but out of all of the Microsoft OSs, KME runs best on ME.

--------------------

Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 16, 2001 16:10     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, yeah, i downloaded the kme on the site, but it still crashes whever i try to switch to tile mode. this basically means i cant make maps. whats up with this, anyway?
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2001 19:33     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorry I'm clueless about that. Oh well
Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 17, 2001 19:44     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
do you guys have KKnD installed to the default location? thats the only thing that i can think of doing to fix it... (i have it in c:/games)
oh well

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2001 20:08     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that might be it try it man. methane man what kind of name is that?
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2001 11:11     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have it in C:\Games\KKND Krossfire

--------------------

BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2001 12:32     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mark this down in the KKND history books, This thread is the first on this site to get the little Flaming File that means this thread has had more than 15 replies. Way to go guys!

--------------------

Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 18, 2001 13:01     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol...

i thought of methane man one day when my friend was, needless to say, busting ass constantly. it started as a UO name, but now its one of the names i use for almost anything.
(im about to go install KKnD2 to the default directory... wish me luck!)

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2001 16:09     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what is a UO name, and please tell me my worse language faults.

--------------------

Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 18, 2001 16:31     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
UO is an abreviation for Ultima Online
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2001 16:42     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
anybody thats been playing PC games for the last 6-7 years will know what UO is

--------------------

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 09:00     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am playing since 1989. I was 6 years old, and I know Ultima, but not the abreviation.
I have to say that i never played UO, but i ve seen it at a friend of mine and i haven't liked it.

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 09:52     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BennyBarrageCraft:
Mark this down in the KKND history books, This thread is the first on this site to get the little Flaming File that means this thread has had more than 15 replies. Way to go guys!

BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 11:00     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember playing Robocop and Predator on the Tandy TRS-80, hehehe such a long long time ago

--------------------

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 13:51     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My first game on the 286 (16 MHz), was sokoban. A small guy has to order a storrage, but he can only push one box. I miss it. What were your first games? Robocop, wasn't this the one screen jump'n'run with the bombs and keys in the balloons?

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: Der Bezwinger ]

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 15:06     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its 2 pages now!

The first game I played was on a BBC computer, probably a game like the shooting letters game or something...

One the PC, it was solitaire. The first strategy game: Dune II.

Aren't we going off topic here, what about a new post?

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 18:11     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah I don't want to turn this forum into the classic trash forum. a 300 post thread will have changed subject 10 times during the whole thread.

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04