my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Map Editing   » compile error/s

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: compile error/s
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2001 11:00     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, nice homepage, but where are the visitors?
I haven't played KKND2 for more than a year, but now, I have recovered this great game. So I decided to create some own multiplayermaps, for me and some members of our cs-clan. OK, tis mapeditor is really buggy and crashes all the time, but if I am successful and i want to compile error:
"unable to run program c:\KKND Krossfire\minimap.exe export.Ivs export.mis 8 8"
I haven't found any help topics on the net, so can you give me some tips, how to map?
I am also mapping for half-life, so I am not a noob. Pease help me!

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2001 12:39     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Yes, the editor is VERY unstable, unless you have WindowsME. On ME its a lot more stable. It still crashes, but not as much as on Windows98.

I've noticed that the 'unable to run program c:\KKND Krossfire\minimap.exe export.Ivs export.mis 8 8' error usually means there is either something wrong with the oil patches, the mission settings, the unit team settings, or the name of the level you typed in.
So when you make a map, save your progress in steps. (i.e.)
Save File 1: get down your terrain
Save file 2: get down your arttributes
Save File 3: get down your scenery
Save file 4: get down your oil patches and configure them
Save file 5: get down your units and buildings and configure them, and configure the mission settings

That way, if you have exporting problems, you can easily go back and you don't lose quite as much time backtracking.

Right now, I have yet to export a multiplayer level. I think the editor might be too buggy to handle multiplayer levels.

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2001 13:24     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you, but only multiplayer maps are interesting for me, I'll try to take this points into acount, and hope it works.

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2001 13:50     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Der Bezwinger:
Hi, nice homepage, but where are the visitors?
I haven't played KKND2 for more than a year, but now, I have recovered this great game. So I decided to create some own multiplayermaps, for me and some members of our cs-clan. OK, tis mapeditor is really buggy and crashes all the time, but if I am successful and i want to compile error:
"unable to run program c:\KKND Krossfire\minimap.exe export.Ivs export.mis 8 8"
I haven't found any help topics on the net, so can you give me some tips, how to map?
I am also mapping for half-life, so I am not a noob. Pease help me!

look at the error message. now if you look up export.lvs well that is a file. I believe that if someone had the file export.mis then there would be no problems. try emailing here. jhalliday@au.infogrames.com And ask for export.mis. Also Glad to see another poster besides a webmaster

Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2001 14:42     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
is this the adress of an official kknd support?

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2001 21:19     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.wizworks.com/mbhtech/kknd2.html
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 06:34     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the faqs are not helpfull, but i contacted the support, hopefully they write back.

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 11:56     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
they should write back within 48 hours. they did for me
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2001 10:10     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the answer isn't very useful:

This facility provides technical support to customers residing in North
America, only.
Support for Infogrames products in Germany is provided by our Deutschland
offices and you must contact them for any support issues you have with
Infogrames products.

But i'll try to get information there. I think the german support doesen't even know what kknd is!

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 18:13     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hitler is an employee of kknd tech support in germany so watch out...
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 10:41     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, there are only Hitlers, Lederhosen, Bier, Sauerkraut and Oktoberfeste in Germany.

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2001 01:44     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
<sigh> you crazy germans.

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04