my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » KKND 2 Gaming   » KKND: 2003- 04, 05, 06?????

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KKND: 2003- 04, 05, 06?????
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2002 02:11     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is a mod for Unreal Tournament thats been in the works for a long time, called TA: UT or something like that.. its Total Annihilation using the Unreal engine.. it looks cool.... kinda makes you think...

now wether they ever get their mod out or not it doesn't really matter cause we're gonna get more TA fromTotal Annihilation 2 anyway..

It's very likely (truthfully, almost certain) there will never be a KKND 3..
so it leaves it up to whats left of the KKND community(the fans) to do stuff like new maps or a KKND-themed mod for a game similar to what TA:UT is doing...
a game mod would make more sense because KME only runs on a few people's systems, but another game editor (Unreal's) runs on most any system.

Hmmm... KKND: UT?
KKND as a modification/Total Conversion inside of a 3d engine like the newest Unreal Engine... sounds cool..

*think think think*
there are a lot more people still playing TA than KKND yet the guys working on the TA: UT mod have had trouble progessing through their mod's development because of a lack of staff,
so if a KKND mod were made it would be extremely hard to get it done.. cause there are far fewer people still playing the game..

KKND mod for UT2k3 or another 3d game with a nice engine:
Pros:
* forego waiting on MelbourneHouse to get off their ass and start KKND3 development
* KKND in 3d!! wow!!!!
* can customize it adding new units/races and stuff that we want
* everyone can make maps! no more relying on KME
* a new kknd!
* easier than building a whole new game from the ground up
* people wishing to play wouldn't need to worry about finding a copy of an old game online, they would simply need the host engine's game (UT2k3 or whatever)

Cons:
* need a team of people that can learn/or know the 3d engine's tools, and can learn/or know how to use Maya, Lightwave, 3d Studio Max, or gMax
* Infogrames or whoever owns MH might get pissy with the legal rights or some crap like that and force the mod development to stop

there's a bunch more engines out there that could probably be used but I'm only familiar with the Unreal engine and Quake's.. and I've only played with Unreal's editor a little bit trying to make a map for UT and it seemed fairly easy to use(though I never finished the map and ended up losing it) and I never got into the scripting part of it... oy.. programming... fun....

just an idea...
well, what do you guys & gals think..

[ November 06, 2002: Message edited by: BennyBarrageCraft ]

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04