my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » KKND 2 Gaming   » just wondering

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just wondering
cloud271
Member # 49

Rate Member

posted August 28, 2002 15:43     Profile for cloud271     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
when you go to the directory folder of kknd2, i noticed a options.exe file and went to it, it listed things like resolution and minimap size, but at the bottom, there's max cows, fluff, and defenders
does anyone know what it means by that?? its been bothering me for a while and i wondered if anyone else saw that

--------------------

...eh?

Posts: 20 | From: if you knew, i'd have to kill you :p | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2002 20:37     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
max defenders might be the maximum number of fence sections you can build.
as for max cows and fluff, i don't know... what were they smokin' down there when they thought that up?!

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
icefire
Member # 24

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2002 14:50     Profile for icefire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i've found the file 2 years ago, but at that time my interesting at computer stuff was not very big, so i didn't bother about it, i just tried to change the minimap size...

today i'm more interested in such things, and as you say, it's interesting...could be funny to change something

another interesting thing is "version.exe"
start it, it will create a "version.h"
i have open it and this is the text in my file:

code:

#define DEFINE_VersionBuild 1
#define DEFINE_VersionDate "29/8/2002"
#define DEFINE_VersionTime "20:42:40"
#define DEFINE_VersionUserName "Wolfgang"

i will try what i can change the VersionBuild...maybe then somewhere in my game there is the text: "kknd 2 krossfire version 5 beta used by icefire"

--------------------

i don't what weapons they will use for wolrd war III, but world war IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
(Albert Einstein)

Posts: 69 | From: KTM-town | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
cloud271
Member # 49

Rate Member

posted August 30, 2002 19:13     Profile for cloud271     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, i found the version thing too, but i dont get what would happen if you change anything, if you change the time or something, then save in the game would it show up with the wrong time or something?

--------------------

...eh?

Posts: 20 | From: if you knew, i'd have to kill you :p | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
icefire
Member # 24

Member Rated:

posted August 31, 2002 08:52     Profile for icefire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
some programs are prepared for patches updating the version. so they originally write somewhere in a corner something like "v1.00"
if make a update then they write for example "v2.74beta"

i thought maybe kknd also writes the version somewhere and tried to change it and look for it, but i didn't find the version number anywhere in the game.

so i think the version.h is only for multyplayer games, maybe kknd looks if all the player's "version.h "s match together

if this is true, changing anything would be a big mistake!!

--------------------

i don't what weapons they will use for wolrd war III, but world war IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
(Albert Einstein)

Posts: 69 | From: KTM-town | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04