my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » KKND 2 Gaming   » I think someone has the ability of making KKND 3.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I think someone has the ability of making KKND 3.
Jae Boum Youm
Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 04:14     Profile for Jae Boum Youm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi! Everybody..
I found that a group of fans who love the game "Descent" (a 3D SciFi FPS) started to make the sequalle of it. The game "Descent" has the most impressive 3D graphic engine and interesting plot. The progress of new "Descent" is already 35%, as they announced.
(http://www.planetdescent.com/site/dcip/gameinfo/d4/info.asp)
I think our group also has the ability of making the sequel of KKND. How about making the sequel? It is very enjoying to imagine the game made by its fan.

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Jae Boum Youm ]

[ April 09, 2002: Message edited by: Jae Boum Youm ]

--------------------

Youm, Jae Boum. MD.
Department of Physiology
Cheju National University, College of Medicine
1 Ara 1-Dong, Cheju City, Cheju-Do 690-756, Korea
E-mail) youmjb@cheju.cheju.ac.kr
TEL) +82-064-754-3831 FAX) +82-064-725-2593

Posts: 11 | From: Jeju-Do, South Korea | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 13:23     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no problem, just develope a new engine or buy one (about 200.000$ for a average one)
we could also use the old engine, but MH doesnt even give us the real editor.

I would like to do so, but im afraid we have no chance!

I really liked descent although i got sick and lost my bearings in the labyrinths

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Significant Other
Member # 23

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 23:54     Profile for Significant Other     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
we should but i dont want ne of us 2 b gettin grilled 4 it. so if we can, do it. but let me help ne way i can, i would lik 2 c a kknd3 or an expansion pack. soo yeah go ahead wiv it!

--------------------

The cycle of hatred continues, untill something is done about it.

Its time to take the power back.

Posts: 42 | From: Albury | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 13:41     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will make KKND3

--------------------

Exams are coming wo is me no time for games ahh the terror.

Posts: 112 | From: Underground | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 17:02     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i ll help u! And how to start?

--------------------

freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 19:59     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do u know any Programming languages??

--------------------

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 13:21     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
not much just the crap i learned in school ( basic, pascal) but what we need is a engine, and i think its impossible for us to program our own one. So we have to learn how to code with already existing engines, but i only know the half-life engine cause i'm mapping for counterstrike and day of defeat. And i m afraid the half-life isnt a good engine for RTS games. :-(

--------------------

freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 13:37     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey i know lots of languages and probally could dig up and engine we could use.

--------------------

freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 13:57     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lets email melboune house and ask if they want their KKND engine, and if they don'
t lets ask if we could have it. Hey its worth a try.

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 18:07     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you know I don't want to be the rain cloud but there are 2 things I want to point out.

1: Chances are that infogrames is not willing to fork over any copyrights.

2: We need alot more human resources then we have. maybe if the forum was bigger but it is not. It would take a very very long time to make any good come out of it.

Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 11, 2002 13:34     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd be happy to help with ideas and some in-game design only. I have so much other things on at the moment, I cannot take up too much of my time if this gets serious.

We can utilise the Newsletter if any of you guys wanna write soemthing for it. Email it to me at nahoo@kknd2.com

Thanks!

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doctoru
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 13:07     Profile for Doctoru     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can design the units and building and make hp, damage, speed, each race has completely different units/abilities(like in starcraft)/structures. I can design only the numbers but not the graphics(i have no idea how to do programming) i can work on this 7/24 because this is what i like to do.

BUT you guys must realize that to do a game you need a place where you can meet and talk(but this is impossible since everybody lives in another country).

The hardest work is the graphics and you need to work years on this - only look at these screenshots from http://www.blizzard.com/war3. Blizzard a BIG company with SO MANY recurces took 2-3 years to make this game... and a bunch of amateur guys would never be able do do such an ammout of work(maybe in 20 yrs without exaggerating)

Also you must have the abbility to have a server which can host something like b.net.

But it's good to dream

Posts: 13 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 13:34     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The guys from blizzard are just too stupid!

Of course u are right, we wont be able to create such a huge singleplayer game like warcraft 3, but one new race and some multiplayermaps wont be too difficult with an existing engine.

--------------------

Doctoru
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 13:42     Profile for Doctoru     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, i like this idea to make a new race and some new missions- and of course to make all the units balanced(i already did that). There will hardly be any buyers but i would put effort in this
freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 14:04     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
24/7 moron not 7/24

--------------------

Doctoru
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 15:47     Profile for Doctoru     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
huh ..
why do you hate me so much man ?? and this is my first day when i post msges in this forum.. lol

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 18:37     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
<comes in drunken rage after drinking way too much for a 14 year old> we don’t take kindly to you starcraft fellers around here.

But actually on a serious note I am designing a kknd 3 document so that Melbourne house could make it with the help of infogrames. And so far the people I asked say its mind blowing! (in a good way )

Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
icefire
Member # 24

Member Rated:

posted April 19, 2002 13:17     Profile for icefire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
u guys get never tired, do you?
good so....
to make a sequel, we would need to speak all the same language...i have known how to get input and give output in basic, but i 've forgotten how it worked, but even if i would still know this, i think this would be too less for a game

the only language i really speak is c++, this is the language i learn at school (www.htl.at)
if the idea is serious, i would enjoy helping...

cu, icefire

--------------------

i don't what weapons they will use for wolrd war III, but world war IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
(Albert Einstein)

Posts: 69 | From: KTM-town | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 20, 2002 16:59     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You all know that this will take a lot of time and dedication from a few people, organising a larger team of developers and programmers.

I have been involved in the development of Arrakis - www.arrakis.dune2k.com and to a very small extent, a 3D, quake-like game, Theseus, downloadable from Nahoo. I will only take interest in developing a future KKND-like strategy game, if someone (who knows what they are doing) takes charge. - Anyway, that's my stance on this.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted April 22, 2002 14:01     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First we need a language and a database. What will these be?

--------------------

2 of omega
Member # 31

Rate Member

posted April 27, 2002 14:18     Profile for 2 of omega     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
salve,

öhm, does anyone work on this 3. part of KKND?

I think it will be in these times a great game, or an expansion pack were very cool!!!

I have many ideas.

the Series 9 build an military communications system in an other sector of earth and calls on a luna base for reinforment.

In the luna base are the old 2 races which are now 1 because they have recognized that the war was an error.

The Luna base with the old race are very progressive and wouldn't make anything against the war on the old earth, because they life in freedom with an other race at an other planet.

the Series 9 activate all robots and other mechanical systems on the earth, perfectionate the nuclear and other futurial technologies, but can't destroy the humankind.

The Hivemind (all Robot Series) put his self the question of the rightness of this war, and series group 3+23 are against the hivemind because they see that the war is wrong and they try to bind the moutants with the humankind.

The hivemind is cracking the systems of the luna base and take the base over.

the old race calls for help and the other race schicks to help some big troops, like star wars the units are very strong and can made the enemy to ice skulpturs or to sand.

...mehr kann ich jetzt nimmer auf englisch erzähln sorry. wenn einer deutsch kann soll er mir über die ICQ Nummer schreiben 120743884

[ April 27, 2002: Message edited by: 2 of omega ]

--------------------

BARBARUS HIC ERGO SUM - QUAIA NON INTELLEGOR ULLI
COGITO ERGO SUM - QUAD ERGO SUM
ICH KAMM AUS DEM NICHTS UND DAHIN WERDE ICH WIEDER GEHEN...
born in darkness, live in darkness, die in peace...

Posts: 31 | From: SCHWABENLAND | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
icefire
Member # 24

Member Rated:

posted April 27, 2002 16:37     Profile for icefire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
deutsch? i könnte österreichisch

meine ICQ ist 145352017

--------------------

i don't what weapons they will use for wolrd war III, but world war IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
(Albert Einstein)

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted April 27, 2002 16:41     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mmmh, the survivors collaborate with the evovled? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo!!!!!!

if we decide to create a sequel we ll need help......but i dont give it a realistic chance..

--------------------

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted April 27, 2002 16:42     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this forum seems to become a german one :-))

--------------------

2 of omega
Member # 31

Rate Member

posted April 28, 2002 04:18     Profile for 2 of omega     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bezwinger do you remember on the missions in KKND Xtreme? I have played this game too.

In one of the missions the envolved has collaborate with the survivors.

we can make a own story, they needn't to collaborate, a armitistice for a time than the ultimate finischplan, the A side will kill the B side, the B side the A side....

ich hasse es mich auf englisch artikulieren zu müssen bestimmt hört sich das total kacke an

--------------------

2 of omega
Member # 31

Rate Member

posted April 28, 2002 05:07     Profile for 2 of omega     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also ich poste mal die idee auf deutsch ich hoffe das es genug verstehen aber auf englisch muss ich immer solange das wörterbuch durchsuchen bis ich es endlich mal geschafft habe die idee zu erklären.

Ich bin mit Strategie Spielen aufgewachsen und mit Wirtschaftssimulationen
Dune 2
Sim city
Z
CnC
ect.

von allen spielen gefällt mir vom aufbau her Dune 2 am besten es ist der urgrossvater der strategie spiele.

KKND2 und auch Xtreme haben riesiege vorteile vor CnC ect

Jedes Gebäude kann Fahrzeuge und Einheiten bauen und das mehrere das ist wirklich super, schade ist nur das es auf 4 Gebäude por Gebäude typ beschränkt ist.

könnte man das nicht anheben, es müssen ja nicht 20 sein aber in einem echten krieg bleibt es auch nicht nur bei 4 Gebäude je Typ.

Desweiteren wären spezielle Massenvernichtungswaffen wie Raketen ABC Waffen ect richtig schön ;)

Es sollte auch die Farbe Schwarz zum auswählen gebenb ;)

es sollte auch spezifische einheiten geben,
- Wasser
U-boote - symetriker und roboter einheiten
Zerstörer - symetriker und robotereinheiten
Bombendelphine - Mutanteneinheiten
Killerwalle - Mutanteneinheiten
mutierteriesenkraken - Mutanteneinheiten
Killeraligatoren - Mutanteneinheiten (auch land aber lahm)
Mega Pyranias - Mutanten (Symetriker züchten eine abart)
U-Minen Roboter
U-E.lektro-M.agnetisches-S.challwellen- I.mpullsfeld -Roboter

- Sand Wüste
Mutierte Riessenwürmer - Mutanten Einheiten die jedliche art von einheiten verschlingen können die sich auf sand bewegen (unterirdisch)
Mutierte Rieseneidechsen (Riesen Camelons) - Mutanten - können sich tarnen im sand und können 5er gruppen männer verschlingen mit plasma werfer im maul ausgestatet
Luftkissen Fahrzeuge (verschiedene Ausführungen) - Symetriker - Roboter

- Stadt

verschiedene Panzer mit kanonen laser und plasma - Symetriker - Roboter
riesen kakalaken - Mutanten

verschiedene Mechs - klein gross mit mgs miniguns und plasma und laser ausstatung Symetriker Roboter

Spinenartige Mechs - Roboter - können sich in zivielen einrichtungen einbauen, unter trümmer und strassen und an hauswänden hängen, plasma laser und plasma netz

- Stein Wüste

- Luft
Greife - Mutanten - Heiligtumseinheit plasma schuss aus klaue und maul
riesen marien käffer - 4 fach bomber

mehr fääällt mir auf die schnelle nicht ein aber etwas was sehr wichtig ist!

das man die Einheiten aus
KKND
KKND Xtreme
KKND 2

miteinarbeitet damit man mit den selbigen spielen kann, am besten auf einer anderen level struktur.

das man sich aussuchen kann mit welchen dingen man zockt, wäre echt geil, den sowas gab es bisher nur passiv das alte gebäude in KKND 2 drin waren.

Man sollte auch ziviele Gebäude beschissen können und auch benutzen können.

Feindliche gebäude wieder übernehmen können wie es in KKND Xtreme der fall war!

villeicht helliports einrichten und flughäfen bauen können die erweiterbar sind, das man neue Heliportlandestellen einrichten kann, und das mit fortschreitender technologie entwicklung gebäude auch weiterentwickelt werden. von der Allgemeinen Funktion, das Bau basen nicht nur bauen sondern auch auftanken, reparieren und auch wieder demontieren, was ich bei KKND 2 nicht hinbekomme eine einheit zu demontieren ich muss immer meine eigenen einheiten killen *g*

das gleiche gilt auch für soldaten und infanterie oder andere rassen.

wau ok das poste ich bevor es verloren geht.

--------------------

icefire
Member # 24

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2002 11:12     Profile for icefire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i think it doesn't matter if you can't speak english perfect (i'm also not good).

--------------------

(Albert Einstein)

2 of omega
Member # 31

Rate Member

posted April 28, 2002 11:46     Profile for 2 of omega     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In the moment my articulation in english is very bad, like ma articulation in german too.

I don't know why, but more I lern, more i don't know.

--------------------

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2002 12:11     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But a latin signature......

i ll be off for some days have to format my disk.... my system crashes all the time.

--------------------

2 of omega
Member # 31

Rate Member

posted April 28, 2002 12:49     Profile for 2 of omega     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh.. yes... my hobby... harvest knowledge which is not very important but very mitourios

--------------------

freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted April 30, 2002 12:36     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
please, in english.

--------------------

2 of omega
Member # 31

Rate Member

posted April 30, 2002 16:27     Profile for 2 of omega     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my ideas for KKND 3 or my signature?

my english is bad, can anyone else translate please?

--------------------

2 of omega
Member # 31

Rate Member

posted May 01, 2002 03:15     Profile for 2 of omega     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mir viel gerade noch was wichtiges ein, warum kann man seine truppen eigentlich nicht so wie beim militär einsetzten?

man hat ja praktisch gesehen nur angriffs und verteidigungstruppen.

wo sind spionage, nachrichtendienst versorgungsdienst?

es wäre auch eine einführung von gewissen wirtschaftsmitteln um sich von den anderen strategiespielen abzusetzten nicht schlecht. z.b. wie in AOE oder STA einen handelplatz oder wie in dune 2 einen weltraumhafen bei dem man waffen und einheiten kaufen kann die unter oder über dem normalpreis liegen.

--------------------

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2002 17:49     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
then it woudn't be KKND anymore.

--------------------

BL00DKAT
Member # 33

Rate Member

posted May 10, 2002 05:40     Profile for BL00DKAT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys soure are ambitus i think it would work but your ideas are totally messed up KKND is much diffrent from other game because it sets a mood, when you see a city map you know its been hit by a nuke because of the state of it. plus survivours and evolved? hahahaha. leave kknd the way it is same teams but new units somethin that makes sence but has magic in it. i have a massive imagination and evolved and survivours is the last thing the kknd community wants.

[ May 10, 2002: Message edited by: BL00DKAT ]

Posts: 1 | From: leicester,england,UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 10, 2002 08:27     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you know what this forum is all that seems to be left of the kknd community.

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04