my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » KKND 2 Gaming   » Problem with KKND 2.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Problem with KKND 2.
[TNT]Zaks
Member # 20

Rate Member

posted January 29, 2002 08:31     Profile for [TNT]Zaks     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have send this message to

kkndmaster@kknd2.com

Well, It seems that you are the only KKND 2 site left on the net.
Thank you.
I have a problem with the updated KKND2.exe - 902656 KB . When I start it -
the screen blinks and I am back in Windowse. I am useing Directx 8.1 - May
this be the problem. Can you help me with some info ... or maybe there is
another patch for this buggy game.
Also When I run the game with its original exe file (not patched) under campaign game my units kill themselves - and the game constantly throw me up in Windows.
Thanks in advance,
Zaks

I have received this replay :

hey go to the forum and we can figure out your problem there.

Zaks :
Can someone help me with this problems?

Zaks

--------------------

Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted January 30, 2002 12:25     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
which language version do u have?
If u have the english version, u aren't the only one with this problems. Nahoo is currently playing the german version cause his english version is too buggy. Ask him for details, perhaps u coul get the US version. PS. i can play it with directX 8.1 without any problems

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
[TNT]Zaks
Member # 20

Rate Member

posted February 01, 2002 16:13     Profile for [TNT]Zaks     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, My ver. is the English version.
Can someone give me a link or send me the german patch to scorpion121@gmx.net.
I can even make a crack for it - once I get it - ... I have made one for the Ebglish version so there should not be a problem.
Thank you,
Zaks

OPS - Sorry ... I have found the file on this site ... I am going to try it and then will post the results here.

GRRRRR ... The same problem with the patched kknd2.exe from the german patch archive. The screen just blinks and I am back in Windows. I will just give up ...

[ February 01, 2002: Message edited by: [TNT]Zaks ]

--------------------

Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted February 01, 2002 18:25     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the german patch in of course not enough. u need the whole german game, but i don't think that u want it. Nahoo, could u please ask for the US version again?

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 01, 2002 20:01     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I know what's happening here, I get the same problem with my English (not US) version.

I have a full ISO of the German version on my server allowing me to participate in multiplayer games across the international boundaries.

If you want to play KKND, the 51 missions, just reinstall the version you have and do not apply the patch. If you do want the game, please just buy a US version of the game by clicking one of the links on this site. It only costs aroudn $10 and its well worth it.

That's all I can say. If you want the German ISO, its about 450MB and only downloadable from a good connection. This download is not publically available, so noone else pester me about it.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04