my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » a little tech question, (please read)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a little tech question, (please read)
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 15, 2003 21:09     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok first of all I will go on to mention that my video card is a tnt 2, or more accurately a video 88 pci 32 plus, so I am wondering if anyone who used that video card with kknd 2, if they experienced slow performance, despite the computer itself being fast. It's really important that I know. I will probably email infogrames tech support though.
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted January 16, 2003 11:28     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When my mom got her Gateway it had a TNT2 M64, /w 32MBs SDRAM. it's now in my dad's computer and is using the 40.72 Detonator drivers on Win2000. KKND2 has always run fine on both of the computers that had it, both Win98SE and 2k. Must be something else on your computer.

have you tried defragging/scandisk, running Windows update(DL everything except the different language menus and the .NET framework), checking for any hardware problems, or conflicts in the Device Manager, updating to DirectX8.1 or 9, uninstalling any un-used programs, scanning for viruses and spyware, disabling programs that load with windows, using CacheMan and/or TweakUI.

After you've tried all that and KKND2 stioll runs like ass, try uninstalling it and deleting the folder thats left, then reinstall it.

If all your games run like ass you might consider wiping your HDD clean and starting over from scratch. A fresh install would do some good..

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: BennyBarrageCraft ]

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 16, 2003 16:59     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good reply.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 16, 2003 17:42     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmm I never actually thought of trying out the detonator drivers, I'll get back to you. and in the meantime, I might suggest that for no apparent reason, when I try http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com whenever I try to download all it does is says preparing to download for a long time and it never does anything. Any thoughts on that issue?
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted January 16, 2003 18:03     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check This out..

I had that problem a long time ago on Win98/ME
I think I went into the C:\windows\downloaded program files
and delete the 'Update Class' file. its ~104kb's

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 16, 2003 22:43     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ahh it didn't work, that "preparing to download message" just sits there like a lump on a log. Argg, and I tried out the support section and I tried alot of things. Is there any way I can just manually download the updates?
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted January 16, 2003 22:49     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
depends on your version of windows

I have come across a few websites that had every update known to man, for Win95, since it's support ended long ago

and some of them had Win98 ones too

if you've got Win2k, just get Service pack 3
if you've got WinXP, get Service pack 1

if you've got WinNT 4.0, get service pack 6

if you've got Win3.0-3.11...... you're screwed

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: BennyBarrageCraft ]

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 17, 2003 08:28     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok I have windows xp, where may I manually download service pack 1?
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted January 17, 2003 11:22     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mmmmmmmm thats good Service Pack!!!!!

--------------------

DORKAS
Member # 21

Member Rated:

posted January 17, 2003 22:17     Profile for DORKAS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what's up? so nice reply.

I'm not speak. -_-

--------------------

Posts: 97 | From: Kang-Nung, South Korea | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 25, 2003 12:36     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, I decided that I would sort of lay off the kknd 2, because my computer for one reason or another is an ass, (get this, emperor battle for dune and mechwarrior 3 run just fine!) so I will just wait until the united airlines stock goes over 2 points and then che ching!

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04