my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » dunno what's wrong :(

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dunno what's wrong :(
FoXeh
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted June 16, 2002 11:03     Profile for FoXeh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hallo everyone
i purchased kknd the other day, it's kknd 1 not 2, but anyway. the install runs fine, but after that when i try to run the game after a while i get this like white background with black dots on. it's so annoying, i just wanna play the damn game
anyone any idea how to fix this?
i'm running windows xp and have a voodoo 3.

--------------------

rar

Posts: 8 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dane345345
Member # 30

posted June 16, 2002 11:11     Profile for Dane345345     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know what's wrong either but I had a similar problem. I had an OLD game and it wouldn't work on my newer PC. The game was Need For Speed and it wouldn't work on my Windows 98. Plus I have Direct 3D. So I called the company (Electronic Arts) and they said that sometimes games don't work with the newer PCs and video cards and so on. So I then tried the game on my older PC and it worked. So what they said must be true. KKND is so old that it won't work with XP and Voodoo3 and all that. I bet if you had an older PC or older Windows it would work. Now to the next question. Why would you purchase KKND1? Do you have KKND2?
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 16, 2002 16:07     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
because kknd 1 is a rather interesting game of course not as good as kknd 2 but...
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
PeeDee
Member # 12

Member Rated:

posted June 16, 2002 19:14     Profile for PeeDee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sometimes older games have problems with Voodoo cards. I previously had a Diamond Stealth AGP (S4 controller) which was a pain to get to work correctly. However, I looked real close at the card and read the specs on the controller and it was a S4. I searched and searched and found a S4 driver and installed that driver and the card never gave me any further problems. Check your card and see if you can change the driver and see if that works. I don't know if XP will permit you to change the driver. You will have to check it out.

--------------------

IP 68.116.88.71

Posts: 86 | From: Turlock, California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 16, 2002 19:45     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KKND is pre-direct X and many newer graphics cards or Operating Systems can't deal with the old DOS-based games like KKND.

Personally, I have no problems with playing Xtreme on Windows 2000, but the graphics card for this computer ain't much to speak of. On my laptop, also no problems.

I suggest getting yourself a copy of KKND2, check out the Buy section for more details.

Try your copy on an older computer, see how it fairs there.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
FoXeh
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted June 17, 2002 10:13     Profile for FoXeh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok i went round to my mates and installed it on his comp, it worked. but iut's a little strange because his comp is much better than mine, he has a gf4 and is running xp too. grrrrrrr

--------------------

rar

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 17, 2002 13:06     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, the first KKND was not as stable as either the Xtreme release or KKND 2. If I were you I'd buy the sequel, then play us all online! Loadsa fun!

--------------------

Dane345345
Member # 30

posted June 17, 2002 15:45     Profile for Dane345345     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, buy KKND2. I bought mine for $12.95 + $4 for S/H. I went to the "Buy KKND2" link on the left there and clicked on Current Yahoo Auctions. Then the first link is from Great Deals Software. It only took 4 days to come to my house. I used a credit card but they have other methods of payment. There are lots of people you can play online. It's loadsa fun. Have up to a 8 player battle.
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted June 17, 2002 17:38     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
or play kknd Xtreme, its hardly the same and u can find it in the downloadsection.

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
FoXeh
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted June 18, 2002 08:00     Profile for FoXeh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just totaly reformated my pc, i'm now running win98 instead of xp. at the moment i'm installing ice wind dale, i'll try kknd in a min and i'll tell you if it's working =)

[ June 18, 2002: Message edited by: FoXeh ]

--------------------

rar

FoXeh
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted June 18, 2002 08:53     Profile for FoXeh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it does exactly the same, oh well =(
i think i'll take your advice and get kknd 2 then :]

--------------------

rar

icefire
Member # 24

Member Rated:

posted June 18, 2002 13:54     Profile for icefire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
kknd2 is running on nearly all systems...a year ago i had a computer with win95 and my friend a computer with win 98, kknd2 caused no problems on both systems. now i have win 2000 and winXP parallel on ONE computer and my friend has winME, kknd2 is running on all three new systems, even on my computer it is running on winXP (and i have only installed the game on win2000)

respect, respect, games like for example c&C4: red alert 2 doesn't support so much systems......

[ June 18, 2002: Message edited by: icefire ]

Posts: 69 | From: KTM-town | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted June 18, 2002 15:53     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
they do :-), but none of them are as good as KKNDseries

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
FoXeh
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted June 18, 2002 16:20     Profile for FoXeh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just had a go at the demo and it works fine =D i'll order it when i can afford it :P (i'm a lazy, broke student)

--------------------

rar

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 19, 2002 19:49     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you want to play KKND2 with people in other countries either get the US or German versions of the game. I have had problems with the British copy as it always said bad version when I tried to start new games. The patch simply caused the game to crash instantly. There are some good (tried and tested) links in the "Buy KKND2" section.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04