my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » When will i be given something to do?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When will i be given something to do?
freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted May 29, 2002 14:04     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want to help with this site but no one ever has asked me to do anything for it. Just give me a task and i will do my best to complete it.

--------------------

Exams are coming wo is me no time for games ahh the terror.

Posts: 112 | From: Underground | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 29, 2002 14:17     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, what about this for an idea:

1. Look around the current Planet KKND 2 website.
2. Find some area of the site that needs improving/updating/new content
3. Create the new content in HTML/Word/any format
4. Email it to: nahoo@kknd2.com

All large files can be dealt with separately using my FTP server as opposed to email. Other than that, most updates can be suggested by you, or anyone else, by email.

Thanks!

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
icefire
Member # 24

Member Rated:

posted May 29, 2002 16:14     Profile for icefire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hm...no prob....like freddy...i would also like to help
Posts: 69 | From: KTM-town | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2002 13:45     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This site needs to cover more than JUST kknd2 to attract more ppl. I suggest adding information about other games perhaps in the 'cheats' section. Or maing a new section titled 'Up and Coming' which whould cover all the new games coming out and reviews given.

--------------------

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2002 16:27     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NO

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2002 19:40     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes I would have to say no as well. just look at the top of the page and see what it says!
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2002 22:03     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah... what he said..... but we could include KKND1 except there's no editor for it, only a unit editor so there won't ever be anymore levels made for it. Its the kind of game I go back and play through every great once in a while.... ahh memories..

one of those oldie-but-goodie games.. you wake up one weekend and turn on the ol' computer and snuggle up to the monitor-mouse in hand- and wait while the machine boots up.. you see the desktop pop up and and you immediately pop in the KKND cd... the little KKND TV pops up and you click play..

you watch the cut-scene just for old times sake, here comes another 24 hour KKND Xtreme Marathon.... YeeeHawwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: BennyBarrageCraft ]

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted May 31, 2002 12:27     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All I'm saying is if you want more traffic to this site you need more attractions. I mean KKND2 isn't the popular game in the world. Most people haven't even heard of it. To keep KKND2 alive yourgoing to have to attract people to this site then they will see KKND2 and want to play it then a bigger community.
gthompson@pavliks.com null

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: freddy the fish ]

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 03, 2002 20:29     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please could someone sort out the "Buildings" page using the graphics at: KKND2.com and arrange them something like the Units page.

Once this is done, I'll split up the pages into the three Army types.

Could someone find a Poll/Voting script (not external) that will allow different coloured bars on the chart. It can be CGI or PHP based.

KKNDMaster, could you update the Literature section with your new work, also with some introducion text?

I have only received 2 ICQ numbers so far, so if anyone else wants to join the listing, simply join the KKND 2 Clan and Bezwinger will add you to the listing. He's doing a great job, there are now over 300 members there!

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 03, 2002 20:37     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If anyone gets fed up of KKND 2 and want to work on a more general website, I have 2 sites that need good webmasters...

- Hotmagma - hotmagma.com
General gaming website, once received over 100K visitors a day. Now its quieter. Needs reviewers, avid gamers and some real development. Currently hosted on Win2k, can be moved to either UK/US based Linux Redhat servers if required. Free webspace, email addresses etc. included with the deal.

- WarZone - strategy.hotmagma.com
Cool real-time strategy gaming site, neat design, but out-dated content. Just needs a keen webmaster + some crew. Again, personal subdomains and email addresses included.

If anyone is interested, just get in touch. I am listening.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04