my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » child/old man with a cure

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: child/old man with a cure
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 20, 2002 10:44     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
okay here is a hypothetical question lets say that you are driving around on the ocean with a boat and you see 2 people floating around you can only rescue one of them (it is a hypothetical question after all) one would be a child from a regular family, the other one would be an old man who CAN cure ALL types of cancer. Who would you save.

Personally I would save the old man with the cure and try to cure all forms of cancer in the world.

Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted April 20, 2002 16:19     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and what if he dies during the way back?

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 20, 2002 16:47     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the old man lives to tell the right doctors how to produce the cure if he gets chosen.
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted April 22, 2002 14:03     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why can you only save one agian??

--------------------

Exams are coming wo is me no time for games ahh the terror.

Posts: 112 | From: Underground | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 22, 2002 18:18     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
because it is a hypothetical situation.
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted April 23, 2002 15:13     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he could kill both. :-)

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 23, 2002 16:39     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
which one would you save then?
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted April 23, 2002 17:37     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i ve seen a film some years ago. There was a psycho hostage-taker, who wanted to kill the hostages, if the police doesnt find the peolpe who are reasonable for his bad situation (in his point o view) the police cought the people, and now the guy wanted the police to execute them. (it was his teacher, his chef, his stepfather) they didnt do it.
then the hostage-taker took out a bomb that was big enough to destroy the whole city. and the police shot the 3 innocent people.
i think this is just a story, and not the truth, but its the same question. What is life worth?
i dont have the answer.
i

--------------------

Tephanis
Member # 29

Rate Member

posted April 23, 2002 18:22     Profile for Tephanis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd take the doctor, because he could save more lives.

taking the child would be saving one life, but losing thousands of others. im sure the little kid would understand. and i believe in multiple lives per person.... i think i do... anyway, im not religious or anything.

--------------------

- Do not disobey, lest you dare face the utmost power

Posts: 18 | From: Calgary | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 23, 2002 19:28     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with tephanis on this one.

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04