my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » an old game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: an old game
Doctoru
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 12:38     Profile for Doctoru     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well here is my story

3-4 yrs ago i played kknd2 a lot(i finished all the campaigns and after that i played so many skirmish battles against the computer). But of course new games appeared and i didn't played kknd2 anymore

RedAlert2, StarCraft, and now Warcraft3 are SO MUCH better than kknd2. First in kknd2 the units on each race are similar(same price, same building rate, and almost the same efficiency(ex: the tanks). And everything is SO UBALANCED. For ex nobody builds certain units because they are too weak and some are too strong.

A few days ago i reinstalled the game again (after 3 years !!) and i edited all the units for all the races + towers. For example now each unit is good, no unit is too strong to make the game unfair, i changed pricing, some units are good against infantry, but weaker against tanks, or some are only good against tanks, some are good at everythin, all infantry is DRASTICALY improved, the Hhitpoints of the units is 2-3 times highrt, the damage some units do is slightly reduced or un some increased.
For example and ATV(costs 900) kills 5 rifle men with ease(each is 300) but 2 riflemen almost kill an anaconda tank which is 1200 but ana anaconda tank has no problem with 2 atvs. Or the juggernaut costs 2000 and is not better with much than an anaconda but does moderatly damage to troops(less than 2 atvs). Or some units have very low armor and high damage(like tankbot) and some have very high armor and low damage(like enforcer which is 2200 now). I changed EVERYTHING from damage, attack rate to hp and build rate.
Now when i play against the computer the game is so much better. Of course i still can't compare it with redalert2 and especially with war3 which is the best strategy ever, but it is done by me and i did everything possible to make each uit fair(yup.. i stayed so many days puting units to attack each other to make the game balnced)

All i ask from you is to tell me if it's possible to have the same options all the time when i go to solo play
For ex. i always play withthe difficulty on extreme i play usually with 3v4 and i change the unit stats to the edited ones. I know it's not hard to change all these options but it is frustrating to change them 100 times a day(so many times i forget to change the units stats).

I wend to options.cfg but from there i can't a big deal of thing. Do you know where i can go to make the default of a solo game the variables i want ?? And i have a newbie friend(8 yrs old) and it would be simplier for him if he wouldn't change the unit stats all the time and other options

And i'd like to start the campaign again, but i can't with the old unit stats. Do you know where i can make my unit stats the default ???

plz answer.. if anyone is readung these forums now

[ April 12, 2002: Message edited by: Doctoru ]

Posts: 13 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 13:00     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is some bug in the game where if you edit the stats, and then play a multiplayer game with those stats, they will become the default stats for the game when you play singleplayer.

Anyone else remember back in March or Feb when we had to keep restartinig the multigame we were playing because the stats kept screwing up. Building hundreds of infantry units in just a few minutes...hehe

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doctoru
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 13:22     Profile for Doctoru     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmm ... i wish my game to have this bug... but it doesn't. Ok... so i want to know if there is a way to change anywhere the unistats for campaign and ALL the options for the multiplayer game(to make the default value).

I know this IS possible if you edit a script, but i don' know programming. Any other way ?

freddy the fish
Member # 25

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 14:05     Profile for freddy the fish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't care how old it is. it never came to canada so its new to me

--------------------

Exams are coming wo is me no time for games ahh the terror.

Posts: 112 | From: Underground | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doctoru
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 15:52     Profile for Doctoru     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
in fact the only reason why i started posting in this forum is that i wanted to find an answer about how it's possible to change some default values and where..
but it seems that all i got is a bunch of guys which hate me because i said something which they don't want to believe

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 18:32     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry but I guess you should expect people to not like you that much when you say that kknd 2 sucks on a website called planet kknd2. or is it just me. I could go on rambling about why kknd 2 is still better then emperor and starcraft and what not but I don’t feel to waste my time.
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jae Boum Youm
Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 21:06     Profile for Jae Boum Youm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is simple. You can have the same unit configuration in solo campaign as described in Cheats section of this website.

<Custom Unit Configuration>

To do this you should make a shortcut to the kknd2.exe file (e.g. in the Start Menu). Next you need to edit the properties of the shortcut, [ALT]+[ENTER]. In the target field, add '-stats' followed by the name of the configuration file. It should look something like this: "C:\Games\KKND Krossfire\Kknd2.exe" -badnews -stats justybear

'justybear' is the configuration file of your own.

--------------------

Youm, Jae Boum. MD.
Department of Physiology
Cheju National University, College of Medicine
1 Ara 1-Dong, Cheju City, Cheju-Do 690-756, Korea
E-mail) youmjb@cheju.cheju.ac.kr
TEL) +82-064-754-3831 FAX) +82-064-725-2593

Posts: 11 | From: Jeju-Do, South Korea | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jae Boum Youm
Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 21:28     Profile for Jae Boum Youm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One more comment..

4 yrs ago I played StarCraft demo a lot (i finished some campaigns). At the same time I also played KKND1. Of course, KKND1 appeared better IN EVERY RESPECT at least in my experience. Graphics were well balanced, unit production was more simple, sound effects such as missile firing were definitely cool. Half years later, the sequel of KKND1 was released, and it changed my life. I played it day and night like a drug addict. StarCraft, RedAlert 2 are also good titles. However, KKND series were much more challenging and focused on pure battle and tactics. StarCraft is too deviated on resource managing, build order, and unit control. RedAlert 2 was also unhandy in unit production. Simultaneous production of various units was not possible. Graphics also gave the impression of mass of dots.

[ April 12, 2002: Message edited by: Jae Boum Youm ]

[ April 12, 2002: Message edited by: Jae Boum Youm ]

--------------------

Youm, Jae Boum. MD.
Department of Physiology

Doctoru
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted April 13, 2002 00:21     Profile for Doctoru     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thx for replying to my post Jae Boum Youm.. but is still not working. My shortcut looks like

"C:\Games\Kknd2.exe" -stats best

I don't know what that "-badnews" is supposed to mean, but i've wrote it before "-stats best" and it didn't worked. I also typed instead of Best(my edited units), UCONFIG_00, the name of the file which is in kknd2\UCONFIG.cfg, and it still didn't worked. And i've tried a few other combinations, but i had no result.
I think you typed it wrong somewhere.

Jae Boum Youm
Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted April 14, 2002 02:34     Profile for Jae Boum Youm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry.. I copied and pasted the text and it was mistyped..

You should wrap all the words with double quatation marks like this.

"C:\Games\KKND Krossfire\Kknd2.exe
-badnews -stats justybear"

"-badnews' is used to apply the cheat mode.

Good luck!

--------------------

Youm, Jae Boum. MD.
Department of Physiology

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 14, 2002 12:10     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A full run down of the cheats are available on this site. Check them out on the left menu.

Thanks for your story, very interesting.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04