next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » Competition

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Competition
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 14:14     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We should launch the site with a competition. The prizes will have to be provided by us and awarded to people coming to the site who know some info on KKND 2 and can answer some difficult questions correctly, based on the game.

Any ideas for prizes?

Thanks for collecting those emails Ben, I know there are more out there, so keep up the good work. I'll add my Clan emails soon.

Oh yeah, could someone get a page online for "Armies". You may notice that I've updates and added some new Strategies to the Strategies section, could you help out here and upload some of your own strategies. I'll check your English for you as I want it to read well. The screenshots are about 240 wide JPGs, aligned to the left with an ALT description.

If you have any cool screenshots, please upload them too, following the same formats as on the present page. A javascript loads the popup window, so all you need to do is copy an existing image and edit the image link.

Please add new pages, content and other stuff, I feel like I'm the only one contributing to the actual site at the moment!

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 18:01     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it would be too much of a hassle in the category if shipping and what not. But for 3rd place you could give moderator rights to the person's choice. for 2nd place you could give 100 mb of online space to the person. and for 1st place a whopping 500 mb of online space and maybe a few smaller things on the side. but people keep in mind that these questions will be hard.

p.s.I will add the armies section.

Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 18:15     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I know, the questions will be hard.

I don't want to sound mean, but I thought it would be nice to share the costs of the prizes a little. Shipping isn't such a big problem, for example: it costs a few dollars to post a CD to Europe (from the US). Domain names and site hosting isn't a cheap gift. You are talking about a $80 second prize and a $220 first prize, all coming out of my own pocket. I must admit that this doesn't cost me as much as that, but its still pretty expensive for me.

I have friends that could arrange for games to be shipped out a discount prices (anywhere in the world), also have you considered paying for a game on Ebay or something and then shipping it off to the competition winner (or second place). If you and Ben could sort out the game prizes (if we choose to offer game prizes) I'll be OK with offering a free website to the winner (and a game for good luck).

How does this sound?

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2002 21:01     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think we should start a mission creation competiton. The winner will receive 200MB of webspace at: anyname.kknd2.com with email accounts, web design help and free marketing with search engines.

Its on me, so would someone else be so kind as to write a brief and perhaps some guidelines so that they can be posted on the website?

Febuary newsletter will contain the official launch, but it has to be started now, otherwise nothing will happen.

Thanks!

--------------------

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted January 08, 2002 10:41     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i can't get warm to your ideas of competitions, but if you all really want it, (i can't imagine that i would ever answer a stupid quizze much less to create one) i would participate in the costs.

The Missions section will be updated with screens by me soon.

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 08, 2002 10:49     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its just to get people involved more, also it brings in new people to the site, that would otherwise not come.

This is a mission making competition, not a quiz. Hopefully, we'll have some really good missoins out of it

Thanks for helping out with the Missions section, it will be great to have screenshots there.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04