my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » What was the first RTS (real time strategy) you played, and others you own.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What was the first RTS (real time strategy) you played, and others you own.
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 16:00     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first one I actually bought was KKND Xtreme, but I played others before, like C&C and Dune 2, I didn't like either of those though.
Now I have KKNDX&2, Age of EmpiresCollectorsEd, TotalAnnihilation, C&CGold(ick), SwarmAssualt(cheesy), Force Commander, Steel Soldiers, and Dune 2000(sucks).

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 18:04     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm my rts origins lie in Red alert. But I was a pirate back then and I found kknd 2 on a warez cd. I loved it! I played the warez version for some time. And then I decided to go buy the actual game since it deserved my money. I was impressed by the intro and moreso anyways... I played some other games like tiberian sun (eeee) or dune 2000 (eeeeeeeeee) Anyways I also very recently got total annihilation. It is good but I would not say screw you kknd 2. The aircraft suck in that game and it is too much a hassle to make units. and the units are ugly both custom and retail. Also I played emperor: battle for dune. I must say that I took the game and was dissapointed. I hate the sandstorm concept and the game's "super weapons" are stupid and pointless. I kind of tired of that game quickly. Also played tiberian sun and well no. the graphics for the units are quite nice but the infantry graphics are shit and the local lifeforms piss me off. Also it has 2 other concepts which have been stolen from kknd 2. The hover mlr is such a copy from the barrage craft. And they stole veteranecy from kknd 2 as well. They also used veterenacy in emperor. I have not seen a rts before kknd that had the concept of veteranecy. And someone please try to prove me wrong. I hate other rts but I am working hard to put another kknd into existence and it will rock so hard that it will own all those other crappy rts.
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 20:06     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My first was probably Dune II... but the list I have on my PC and laptop run as follows...
- Dune II
- Dune 2000
- Emporer
- Civ
- Settlers II
- AoE
- AoE2
- KKND
- KKND 2
- Warcraft
- PaxImperia

... I also enjoy playing Icewind Dale and a little Baldur's Gate 2.

I've played all the C&C games, Starcraft (great!) and others but I cannot remember them. I have also played online strategy games such as Hexadome and one called WAR2 (50/50 strategy/roll playing) which I helped design - an online strategy gaming network. Unfortunately this one has been lost in the clouds of time

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 10:33     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I started with C&C1 (was real fun), then i got KKND1 (the game i played longer than any other, i think i played it with both races about 3 times. I also liked C&C Red Alert, but this was the last c&c i enjoyed. Then I bought KKND Xtreme. AOE 1 warcraft 2 were not too bad, but i havn't bought īthem. Then of course i had to decide KKND2 or Starcraft, and so i havent played starcraft jet. Now, i prefere playing 3rd persons, or egos. But this will change when KKND3 is released.....

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 10:56     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blechhhh! puke puke
Don't bother with StarCrap- I mean StarCraft. Total Annihilation is much, much better. Hell, even Dark Reign is better than StarCraft. Sadly, I've heard rumors of Blizzard making a StarCraft 2. Awwhh, I feel sick now, but maybe they'll make it better than the first one (they'll just rip off KKND3,heheh ).

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: BennyBarrageCraft ]

--------------------

Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 20, 2001 17:02     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I started with "Dune" (it was for the Sega Genesis, Dune 2000 is its equal on the PC) and i do beleive it was the first RTS ever.

and heres all the others:

War, Inc.
Total Annihilation
Dark Reign
Dark Reign 2
KKnD
KKnD eXtreme
KKnD2: Krossfire
Dune 2000
C&C Red Alert 2
AoE (Warez)
AoE2 (Warez)
Warcraft 2 and all expansion packs

its sad that i still play KKnD2 more than any other game...

MOO!

Posts: 28 | From: Bowels Of Hell | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 18:12     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
how is that sad. <readies las rifle>
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 20, 2001 19:04     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The fact that a 5 year old game has better playability than any of the new games. (kinda like Doom)
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 19:19     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Replayability is not Doom. Doom was all fun and stuff, but deathmatch was what doom was good for. Replayability is Marathon. The best FPS that came out for Mac, till they ported UnrealTournament over. Back in the day, I played Marathon 1-3 several times in a row and it was still fun. Hopefully Doom 3 will be as replayable as UT.

KKND is the kind of game you can play over and over again, especially when you have the unit editor. Total Annihilation is another game you can play repeatedly. StarCraft makes me puke just thinking about it, nuff said....
C&C gets annoying real quick.

AoE is good, I play it every now and then.
My favs are still TA and KKND.

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 21:08     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you go man! I don't think I will ever get tired of kknd 2. unless they make kknd 3. and kknd 2 is not 5 years old. it is 3. yeah I know it is overdue. but lets celebrate kknd 2's 3rd birthday.
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 06:14     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lets ce-le-brate, daa-daa-daadaa-dadada-daa, uuhuuhh, lets celebrate aaand have a good time!! :-)))

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 21, 2001 09:29     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol... sorry out that. im not good with time.

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04