next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » More traffic

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More traffic
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2001 21:38     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, new mission. We really need to make people aware of this site's existence, so please could you go out there and post messages in forums, email other web masters, add Planet KKND 2 to link pages and so on.

I have created a new banner design for Planet KKND 2, just check out the Links section. The small one is my favourite, the larger ones were just quick jobs to fill the space.

If you really wanna see who goes here, check out the complete stats for the site. It has virtually every bit of information that you can think of and should keep track of our progress.

In your emails please mention some of the following points...
- new KKND 2 site with 3 people managing it
- not on free hosting with banners
- lots of fresh content and downloads
- forum so that people can post messages
- more content being created
- please sign up to the newsletter at: planetkknd2.hotmagma.com/newsletter
- we need help with mission strategies and general literature
- any new ideas welcome

... well, I said a few points

KKNDMaster and BennyBarrageCraft, could you help collecting a list of email addresses of KKND 2 gamers we could message. I'll deal with my Clan as they are all on a database.

If you have any questions, please post a reply here!

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2001 21:58     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What if I get on GamespyArcade or Yahoo Chat and spam the Hell out of the chatrooms with advertisments.

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2001 22:25     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, no... I think you know better than to do that. I really don't wanna be blacklisted by Yahoo. I have submitted a link to the directory and the last thing I want is anything that will reduce the chance of this site being listed there.

The subtle way to do it is to include a link in your signature or provide links, only when they are requested.

One off posting is only OK if its a message board or guestbook where others publicise their sites or at least, semi-related to the content.

The newsletter approach is probably the best way to go about it. The admin section can be reached by placing a question mark after the CGI script and then admin. You know the password already. Add people without notfication so that we can "release" the site to the KKND 2 gaming market in one foul swoop.

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 20:08     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't let this post get sidelined. Its more important to get people here. This site shouldn't be a glorified chatroom/shrine for just 3 people!

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 11:48     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are still only 6 members, 4 of them who post. More people will need to come here otherwise this forum will dry up.

Please help me with some email collection, KKNDMaster and BennyBarrageCraft.

Thanks,

--------------------

BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 12:09     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Righty-O

--------------------

BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 12:34     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a large number of emails taken off of a message board, we just need the emails from the KKND clan...

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 19:12     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know where to put them.

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 18:47     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The stats have increased. Click here for details.

This is a direct result of posting the Planet KKND 2 banner onto the gaming and KKND2 sections of Nahoo.

Please email other webmasters individually and get them to do the same. We'll add return links.

Thanks!

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04