my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » Incase you didnt know: some nifty tricks

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Incase you didnt know: some nifty tricks
Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 18, 2001 13:12     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
a while ago, i was looking around the KKnD2 folder, and i found a few editable settings...

open up the 'Options.cfg' file, inside, you'll find the options that are in the .exe and a few more.

UPGRADECOST equals the cost of upgrades at the highest upgrade of the research building (tech level 5) if you set it to 50 you should have no problem, any lower, and the cost will skyrocket uncontrolably.

UPGRADETIME is the time it takes to upgrade at the highest tech level, the lowest value is 1, 0 can cause crashes / upgrades just dont go anywhere.

FOGOFWAR lets you select the kind of display you have, shroud, fog, or fog+shroud
(this changes the default for Multiplayer maps, and for single player, i havn't tried to set the value to none, but im sure it would work.

all the other values are founn in the .exe

(say, you guys should put a tutorial on this somewhere on the site!)

Posts: 28 | From: Bowels Of Hell | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2001 13:48     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will add your info to the cheats section
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 18, 2001 14:49     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool. now i feel all important and stuff.
Posts: 28 | From: Bowels Of Hell | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2001 15:58     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if "none" fogofwar really works (what i can't believe) the AIs in singleplayer can see you too, besides you can disable it in multiplayer matches.

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2001 21:28     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Erm... sorry to deflate the findings, but I had meddled with these settings right back when I got the game.

Lowering the upgrade costs makes the games move quicker and generally means more blood and earlier in the game.

Please add them to the cheats section as they are certainly worthy of placement there.

If anyone thinks of new content, finds some (with permission of the webmaster) or has ideas for new sections, please tell me!

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04