my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » KKND 2 Gaming   » Survivors Go Home Oil Rig Bug (Maybe?)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Survivors Go Home Oil Rig Bug (Maybe?)
Potassium39
Member # 4012

Rate Member

posted June 14, 2024 22:55     Profile for Potassium39     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So I've just decided to pick this game up again after a good 25 years and have gotten to 'Survivors Go Home' mission.

I was originally playing the GOG version, but I was encountering far too many bugs for the game to be properly playable.

So I dug out my CD version and have installed that, which runs a lot smoother.

I have build two oil rigs in the dirt area to the North East of the starter base, and was raking in the money to build armies of reapers.

Then though I saved and loaded that save, and I now notice my oil tankers for those two rigs aren't doing their jobs.

It seems I can direct them to the other two rigs I have on the grassy areas, and they work totally fine, and it even seems like they can dump oil at the power stations next to those rigs, but for some reason they won't collect oil from the rigs anymore, despite them having plenty of oil left.

So it doesn't seem to be an issue with the tankers, or with the power stations, but with the rigs themselves. None of my tankers will fill up from them.

How on Earth do I fix this, or prevent it from happening??? I could've sworn the tankers *were* filling prior to the game being reloaded, but perhaps they weren't?

Incredibly frustrating and saddening. I can slowly plod along without that extra income, but it's definitely hurt the progression.

Cheers.

Posts: 2 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2024  |  IP: Logged
Potassium39
Member # 4012

Rate Member

posted June 14, 2024 23:14     Profile for Potassium39     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not only my oil rigs either, it seems! I see now flying a fighter around that at least some of the opponent's oil rigs are similarly bugged.

Their infinite supply rig in the uphill base towards the bottom-middle isn't working, with their tankers just sitting there next to them and not refilling either.... The other rig in the same base though seems to be working fine, with the tankers happily refilling from it.

Annnndddd.... I fixed the problem by recycling my oil rigs and building new ones.

Guess I just have to play the rest of the game out without saving.......

Posts: 2 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2024  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04