my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Mad Rants   » KME, the future etc...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KME, the future etc...
JC
Member # 55

Rate Member

posted November 25, 2002 02:10     Profile for JC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, I guess the three lucky fellows (KKNDMaster, Nahoo, BennyBarrageCraft) managed to make their missions using WinME. Wish we could all do the same anyway...

Will the petition really change their minds to do a KKND3? Ok, if all it will do is annoy them, and if they're really sick of all the nagging, the original programmers at the very least, they should:

1) Release an updated KME that really works, or at least a patch for the existing one. We could even pledge to pay them for it.

-or-

2) Make an SDK or a MOD creator like the way they do for Quake or Half-life so we can make our own spin-offs based on the KKND2 engine.

-or-

3) Release the source code so some kind-hearted group of programmers here could make a KKND3. I'm certainly up to it.

-finally-

4) Perhaps they could give us the rights to use the names, units, armies, etc and we could develop our own sequel? There are a lot of free RTS engines out there and all you have to do is get artwork, music, etc to make yourself a game. All we gotta do is get permission (if needed?) to borrow the names of the units, buildings, etc... To preserve the game. We can use the storyline from the 'literature' section of this site as a guideline.

Well for now, wish there was a way to make a mission sigh. You guys are really lucky to have made them.

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2002 05:32     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a suggestion, why not try installing the KME onto another computer, perhaps you have a friend that will let you work on hie/her computer if it means so much to you? I am sure there are some alternatives to this situation.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
JC
Member # 55

Rate Member

posted November 28, 2002 11:58     Profile for JC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, it does mean a lot to me. My dad has WinME installed on his PC, guess I'll just have to swallow my pride after hurling every imaginable insult at the OS, and trying hard to convince him to go back to Win98.

I'm really tempted to get Starcraft and/or Warcraft 2 just so I could make my own missions. Its a need to express. Know what I mean?

Say, any programmers here? What do you think about my earlier post about the source code stuff, MOD pack, etc?

Thanks!

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04