my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Map Editing   » Map Editing in WinXP?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Map Editing in WinXP?
The akyka
Member # 225

Rate Member

posted July 26, 2005 15:24     Profile for The akyka     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why don`t run the "map editor" in winxp and win98?
Posts: 3 | From: SCG | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 27, 2005 08:45     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am unsure of what you want to convey with this message.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The akyka
Member # 225

Rate Member

posted July 27, 2005 18:05     Profile for The akyka     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can`t make map (or mission) with KKND Krossfire Mission Editor!
Programm is can`t run!

Excuse me, but I don`t know English language!
BUT I`m kknd fan! And this (is) the important! -don`t right! Shit

Posts: 3 | From: SCG | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2005 10:41     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The KME only works on Windows 98 and Windows ME. There are too many bugs for it to run properly on Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

--------------------

bonekhan
Member # 170

Rate Member

posted November 13, 2005 16:44     Profile for bonekhan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try going (in WindowsXP) to Start>>All Programs>>Accesories>>Program Compatibility Wizard.

Find the executable for the Map Editor, and set it to run with Windows 95 or 98. This will sometimes make the Editor work, but is still unstable.

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2005 20:57     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I have tried this before. When you click on the Tiles tab - the program always crashes.

Let me know if this is not the case for you.

--------------------

BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2005 20:48     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've tried every possibility with the Compatibility settings on the Mission Editor, but it always crashes as described above. As I've said before, if you're so desperate to use it, install a copy of Win 98 on your machine (dual-boot).
Posts: 35 | From: England, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
napalm@mayhem
Member # 286

Rate Member

posted January 04, 2006 02:57     Profile for napalm@mayhem     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i have bin having all the same problems u all had, but to me it would-sould b esy to fix. what if u just went back to the programing of the game fixt it and made a Download we would not have a problem! (but then i have not bin to the Downloads, so u may have done thay allready, so i will go to the Downloads now, but if u have not that may b a good solution)! but u may b to lazy 4 that :p

--------------------

I will c u all in hell!

Posts: 7 | From: usa or germany | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted January 04, 2006 15:54     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry Napalm, I can't understand what you're talking about! Can you try using better English?

The problem about the Map Editor is it was made by fans. It is unofficial and not supported by Melbourne House. It is not related to the original game. It doesn't work on Windows XP cause it's full of bugs, as said before. Be my guest and try to fix it yourself!

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 05, 2006 19:48     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, the KME was created by Melbourne House... but it was a serious "rush job". They didn't develop or test the program properly.

--------------------

BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted January 15, 2006 19:50     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, right! Now I know why the KME was included on my ISO files!
phaeton91
Member # 296

Rate Member

posted February 05, 2006 04:18     Profile for phaeton91     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've tried every possibility with the Compatibility settings on the Mission Editor, but it always crashes as described above. As I've said before, if you're so desperate to use it, install a copy of Win 98 on your machine
----------------------------------------------------
Same problem

--------------------

Its a war damn it!

Posts: 5 | From: Latvia, Riga | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
DarkNinja23
Member # 295

Rate Member

posted February 05, 2006 04:36     Profile for DarkNinja23     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmm well i seemed to dl the games files allready extracted in a small 79mb zip.. and then i slapped on all the missing musics and intro and briefings.. and the mission editor works pefecto apart from the atrubutes thing on bottom left O.o thats only thing that crashs my KME and im running on Win XP SP2

--------------------

PWNAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE
Survivors PWN ALL...

Posts: 18 | From: a hidden outpost in the middile of another game for some random reson.. | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
DarkNinja23
Member # 295

Rate Member

posted February 05, 2006 20:44     Profile for DarkNinja23     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aww crap..... my map editor tiles has stoped working now and crashs the map editor

--------------------

PWNAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE
Survivors PWN ALL...

Posts: 18 | From: a hidden outpost in the middile of another game for some random reson.. | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 11, 2006 09:40     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is the exact ISO of the game. If you setup the CDs correctly (using the right labels) then you will be able to play the game like the rest of us.

The KME is very buggy and can only be run fully in Windows 98 and ME. Windows XP allows for unit editing only and crashes when you click to view the tiles.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04