my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Map Editing   » Graphics Extractor?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Graphics Extractor?
Shockwave
Member # 153

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2004 03:32     Profile for Shockwave     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone has any idea how I could get the unit graphics out?

I need them 'cause I have a KKND 2 mod for Age of Wonders II in the works. It will have the three sides as playable units and the 21. century ones as neutrals.

Shockwave
Member # 153

Member Rated:

posted June 10, 2004 03:40     Profile for Shockwave     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm, no replies so far.

THought I would share this with you - I think the graphics are in the English folder. One of the spk, bpk and lpk files must contain them.

I also found that the spk extension means some sort of a C++ compressed file. I'll get a C++ viewer and try to open them.

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 13, 2004 10:50     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds promising! Let me know how this goes.

You may want to know that IMH actually sent me their tile-sets and these are available to download on the site.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shockwave
Member # 153

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2004 04:19     Profile for Shockwave     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, I saw that.

Sadly it seems C++ cannot open the files.

So I decied to use the old 'screenshot-edit' method. To do this however, I need to create a map with totally white background - so far I could create only totally black with the 'add tiles' option.

Any ideas ?

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04