my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Map Editing   » map creation troubles

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: map creation troubles
oldkrossfireguy
Member # 138

Rate Member

posted February 29, 2004 17:30     Profile for oldkrossfireguy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have been having trouble creating new maps. Often times when I try to change tilesets. KME will crash. I have also tried to import the tilesets from the download section here, but I cannot get my KME to recognise the TGA files. It seems to want only BMPs. When I try to create a new map, I can only get the background to show, I am unable to place any tiles on it.

I thought maybe my KME was corrupted, so I downloaded it from the website here, but I still get the same error message and crashes.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

oldkrossfireguy

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 11, 2004 10:53     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is certainly a problem with the KME. It is very buggy and will crash under a number of circumstances. To ensure maximum stability, try running this program with Windows ME, on a computer with lots of memory.

KME should never have been included in the game in such a bad state, IMH should have tried a little harder to delivery a stable (and complete) map editor.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04