next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Map Editing   » Mission Testers

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mission Testers
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2003 11:43     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am making a new mission: "Water World" and I require a couple game testers to check it out for playability.

This mission has been particularly difficult to perfect and I need some outside opinions to keep it going.

At the moment, the start of the mission relies too much on "restarts" to perfect the base and adopt a simple strategy that will keep all water-based units out of the way. Unfortunately, this makes the mission a little tedious at the beginning. I need some ideas to improve the enemy attacks and challenge the player as the first base is contructed.

The second part of the mission consists recovering a base on the opposite side of the map with sufficient fire power to avoid a quick takeover from the AI. I want to make the passage across a little more difficult, whilst maintaining a realistic "landing" on the opposite shore.

Please print the map (linked) below and check out the map and a picture of a failed attempt.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2003 13:40     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you want to test the game, please download/print the following files...

- Download Water World - 700KB
- View PDF Map - 266KB

Links have been edited (full URL).

[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: Nahoo ]

--------------------

BAJAR MC
Member # 78

Rate Member

posted March 21, 2003 18:45     Profile for BAJAR MC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That link is bust. "Server could not be contacted"
Posts: 5 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 22, 2003 13:13     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just editing the mission based on some comments from my brother. The start of the mission is far more interesting and more challenging as the base is harder to defend. In addition attacks are more persistent.

I have also edited the derelict base to give people more of a chance when setting up a new base.

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 22, 2003 13:50     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its updated and is now more grusome than ever! This mission is amazing now!

- Download Water World - 700KB

I still value any comments, so please feel free to test it out and return your comments here.

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 22, 2003 19:48     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I discovered an invisible unit that has now been deleted so that people can actually complete the mission. I have also added some extra scenery, some more enemy units to add some interest and changed the map a little so that units can travel around more freely.

Its not impossible, but it is quite difficult. I have completed it once through without stopping and made the changes listed to add playability.

The file size is now 757KB due to some extra stuff.

--------------------

BAJAR MC
Member # 78

Rate Member

posted March 24, 2003 23:34     Profile for BAJAR MC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My main complaint is that it starts too quickly, and it is really hard to find ur feet in the mission before the CPU lays into you.

Also, I think the Evolved and Survivors are allied?

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 25, 2003 12:40     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, it does start very quickly. I don't think this is a particularly bad thing really. It puts you in the right frame of mind to complete the mission.

Since the first test, I have made the mission harder by improving the enemy bases, giving more manouverability so that units aren't trapped.

The Evolved are allied with the Survivors here. If there weren't it would be a pretty dull mission as they would be inflicting damage on each other rather than thinking of your base.

Please continue the mission further. It is challenging, but that's the whole point. Once you've completed the game it gets rather dull if you aren't challenged.

More people need to download this mission so that I can present it on the Missions page for general access.

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 26, 2003 08:03     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am going to make the second part of the mission harder as it gets too easy after the initial onslaught.

--------------------

BAJAR MC
Member # 78

Rate Member

posted March 26, 2003 18:46     Profile for BAJAR MC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not a fan fo fast starting missions, I like to find my feet first
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 26, 2003 19:11     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, ok... I don't want to make it an irritating mission. Its meant to be challenging, but interesting enough for people to keep on going until the end.

--------------------

Matthew Campbell
Member # 63

Rate Member

posted March 29, 2003 22:22     Profile for Matthew Campbell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got a new computer and boy does KKND2 rock on it. I will be checking out Water World tomorrow when I am not so sleepy. I am glad you made a map.

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: Matthew Campbell ]

--------------------

"I am the Alpha and the Omega"

Posts: 19 | From: Valdese, North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Matthew Campbell
Member # 63

Rate Member

posted April 05, 2003 22:31     Profile for Matthew Campbell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I played Water World! It was pretty challenging. I couldn't beat the stage because of little space and lack of money. I did beat Water World with cheats. That was fun...

--------------------

"I am the Alpha and the Omega"

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 06, 2003 20:28     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come on, it can be done. You may need to restart a couple times to get the positionning right. The lack of space is on purpose so that you have to move to the new base to the North-East.

I may make the second half of the mission harder.

Some more testers needed!

--------------------

Matthew Campbell
Member # 63

Rate Member

posted April 12, 2003 22:08     Profile for Matthew Campbell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally beat it. You really get nailed with air strikes thoughout. It was an exciting map. Thanks for making it
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 13, 2003 11:36     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was a pleasure. I hope others will enjoy it as much as you did!

Check out: http://nahoo.net/games/kknd2

--------------------

Krufo
Member # 58

Member Rated:

posted May 15, 2003 01:26     Profile for Krufo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, i'm gonna try your mision, but i made a cool solo play, tri it, is fani an hard, y paste de setings and my pirric results in my page (i am not maiking publiciti of my page, just a link to de images)
http://ar.geocities.com/kknd2krossfire/multi/temp/pirrica.htm

take a view.
pd: Thanks for made maps and new misions, mi unit editor dosen't work in xp, i try everithing, bye.

Posts: 23 | From: Argentina | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Krufo
Member # 58

Member Rated:

posted May 15, 2003 05:04     Profile for Krufo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finished your mision!, it's a cool stuf!, beri interesting... i realiy think that the second base is not necesari, we can made a invasion to the enemy terrein with an mobil barn... aniway, the mision is veri cool, reale, remains me to the en mision of the game... robots agains evoled (or sorvavior, is the same map)... y take a picture of mi first base and then a picture of mi results wen i won your mision, please, take a look :
http://ar.geocities.com/kknd2krossfire/multi/temp/pics.htm

goold luk and thenaks!!!!!

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 15, 2003 08:15     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for your comments. I may further restrict the facilities offered by the first base as its better if you move to a larger area.

I see that your time is over 4 hours, this could have been cut considerably if you moved to the second base where there are attack advantages, more space, more resources, 21st Century Transporter and money.

People will have to restart until they achieve a well-laid out base as this is critical to the mission success.

--------------------

Krufo
Member # 58

Member Rated:

posted May 15, 2003 17:58     Profile for Krufo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes, mi time is 4 hours, but i like the hard way... the game is plenty of easy mision, thats wy i try always the hard way... cool mision, but the machins are no to smart. At the start of the game, the computer attak mi camp bery good, but the computer oponents sleep in the rest of the mision, can you made a hardest mision???? WE LIKE ACTION!, mi friens try the mision to. They want to made a monument with your nick, jeje, bye! keep going!
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 16, 2003 11:56     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you mean:
quote:
They want to made a monument with your nick

If you want: http://argentina.kknd2.com as your webspace, please let me know and I'll transfer your site over. Obviously, no banners + loads more traffic.

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 27, 2003 07:01     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More mission testers, please post here. I wanna make a final update before posting it on the the Mission section properly.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04