my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » KKND 2 Gaming   » What does Series 9's Shield do?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What does Series 9's Shield do?
Damicles
Member # 274

Rate Member

posted November 17, 2005 11:42     Profile for Damicles     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For Series 9, one of the "turrets" you can add on the large vehicle in the custom-made vehicle menu is this one called "Shield", which looks like two white spheres spinning around a black pivot thing. What does it actually do? I've tried all sorts of things with it but nothing special happens. Can someone tell me how to use it?
BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2005 20:44     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mmm, there are lots of strange turrets for units on all the teams, and I think there are others, as well as the one you mentioned, that I just cannot find a use for (or they are broken!)

I refer to a turret on the Evolved team - can't remember the name. Perhaps it's the equivalent of the Seried 9 Shield. You can't attack with it, and it doesn't seem to protect anything in any way.

I wish they included these important things in a manual or help file.

Nahoo? Any ideas?

Don't bother wasting your money on constructables - apart from the Artillery >kaboom<

Posts: 35 | From: England, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 05, 2006 19:49     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I deleted the last forum post here... please continue with your responses here (and keep it clean please)

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
owen_mac
Member # 289

Rate Member

posted January 14, 2006 19:35     Profile for owen_mac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Damicles:
For Series 9, one of the "turrets" you can add on the large vehicle in the custom-made vehicle menu is this one called "Shield", which looks like two white spheres spinning around a black pivot thing. What does it actually do? I've tried all sorts of things with it but nothing special happens. Can someone tell me how to use it?

The shield does what you think, it shields other units from attack....well slightly. I have tested it with my own men and have found that you get about another 25% of life.
Not really worth it....

Posts: 1 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted January 15, 2006 19:47     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What kind of range does the shield cover?
BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted January 15, 2006 19:54     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PS. Welcome to the forums, owen_mac.

I am fascinated by the fact that people still come across the KKND forums and start posting things like 'I started playing this again recently' and so on. Admittedly, I'm one of them, and I thought I was seriously late with the whole KKND thing!

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04