my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » Getting Graphics and Sound from Original KKND

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting Graphics and Sound from Original KKND
Cmdr
Member # 251

Rate Member

posted June 11, 2006 08:20     Profile for Cmdr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,

I want to make a KKND-Mod for C&C Red Alert2.
My question:
How can I get the Graphics and Sounds from die Original KKND1 Game?
Is there a programm with I can open the Gamefiles?

BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted June 12, 2006 20:53     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you cannot find another way, I suppose you can record the game sounds directly in-game by setting your sound card to record its own output. I do this all the time. Use MS Sound Recorder to do the recording. If you don't know how to do this, ask and I'll explain.
Posts: 35 | From: England, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted June 12, 2006 20:57     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love RA2, and I'd like to see this done. Some problems you may have are with sprites. There are typically over 256 images for vehicle units in the full game, for every angle and slope. KKND only has 16, but I'm sure this won't matter too much. Getting the authentic feel is more important. Is there a way to modify the way buildings are built, so you have to lay the foundations first and wait for it to construct, rather than the other way round?
BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted June 12, 2006 21:08     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Err, and finally, I think converting scenery from KKND to RA2 will also be very difficult, because RA2 is isometric rather than square. You could still put them in but it would take some fiddling. RA2 has hills and stuff too. Probably best to leave the terrain as it is but add buildings if you want.
Cmdr
Member # 251

Rate Member

posted June 30, 2006 10:37     Profile for Cmdr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, thank you for your answers.
I thougt to let the Red Alert2-Terrain and Gameplay, also the way, buildings are build from Red Alert2.
I only want to add the buildings and units from KKND.
Thats why i need the animations, pictures and sounds from the KKND-units/buildings.

My questions:
In witch file they are stored?
How can I extract them from the files?
(p.e: in Ra2, they are in .mix-files witch you can open with xcc-mixer, is there an equvivalent for kknd, too?)

Cmdr
Member # 251

Rate Member

posted July 28, 2006 10:49     Profile for Cmdr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What about KKND2?
Is it possible to get Graphics from that game?

Grizzly
Member # 241

Rate Member

posted July 29, 2006 05:21     Profile for Grizzly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As i know Melbourne House didn't make an SDK for KKND and KKND2... so only way to take graphics from KKND is to make the screen of gameplay and then cut everything exept needed object.

And about sound... music must be on the disk, but if you want to take other sounds you must record them from gameplay... For this use Sony SoundForge.

[ July 29, 2006: Message edited by: Grizzly ]

Posts: 18 | From: Russia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted August 22, 2006 18:33     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The music is indeed easy to get. They are wav files.
Slipkorn666
Member # 350

Rate Member

posted September 08, 2006 18:46     Profile for Slipkorn666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
someone knows a program to modify KKND Krossfire files?? my objetive is add and modify files, units, terrains, etc... please HELP!!!

[ September 08, 2006: Message edited by: Slipkorn666 ]

Posts: 5 | From: Cordoba Capital | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grizzly
Member # 241

Rate Member

posted September 09, 2006 15:00     Profile for Grizzly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is no SDK... sorry
Posts: 18 | From: Russia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04