my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » Need help - Bugs & Crashes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help - Bugs & Crashes
Damicles
Member # 274

Rate Member

posted November 17, 2005 11:56     Profile for Damicles     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello, I'm quite new to this forum so I don't know if what I'm going to ask has already been answered eons ago.

KKnD 2 is a great game but sometimes it irks me off so much when I have bugs in my game or the game crashes halfway. Here are the problems that I often encounter:

1) "Mission Failed" Bug - Sometimes when I'm in the middle of a mission happily thrashing the enemy, the "Mission Failed" box will appear and my game will just freeze. If I happen to save my game not too long before that happens, the thing will repeat itself when I load it back. The only thing I can do is to restart the whole mission or load a game saved quite some time before the problem occured.

2) The game quits halfway - It's quite the same as the previous one, just that this time the game closes instead of showing "Mission Failed".

3) "Unable to create new unit" - The game behaves like when the number of units in the game reaches the maximum allowed, when in fact that is not the case, i.e. when I'm playing a mission the indicator left to the RU display shows a green bar yet I still get the "Unable to create new unit" message and I can't produce more units. Luckily I managed to get past the problem by saving the game and restarting the program.

Also, I'm having the "Requires DirectX v5.0a or higher" problem with my older Windows ME computer. Does anyone know how to fix this on Windows ME? (most cases here are on Windows XP)

Sorry I know this is not a technical support page, but I guess you guys are the best shot I have at finding a solution for the stuff I've mentioned above. Thanks!

BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2005 20:31     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, that's a very strange list of bugs. Never seen or heard of most of those before...

I just need to clarify a few things: for all bugs apart from the DirectX, are you using Windows XP, or are you using Windows Me in all these cases?

For the DX problem: the most obvious things I can currently think of are making sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card and the latest DirectX, and so on.

As for not being able to create a new unit, that does happen when the green population bar is full but not otherwise. You may be able to hack this by opening up "Options.exe" in your KKND2 directory and change the Max Units (and anything else you want to fiddle with).

If you pause the game and minimise it, and/or let your PC go into Standby or Hibernate, then the game can often crash out after a few minutes of resumed gameplay. This has happened to me. If that's the case, just quit KKND2 properly before doing these power actions.

As for 'mission failed' I will assume that you're playing a mission that doesn't involve keeping a certain unit alive... that would be too obvious. Perhaps you should try giving KKND2 a clean install, and failing that, re-installing Windows usually helps

Hope that helps, somewhat.

[ December 04, 2005: Message edited by: BoffinbraiN ]

Posts: 35 | From: England, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Survive
Member # 288

Rate Member

posted January 13, 2006 08:21     Profile for Survive     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have similar problems
Not the DX5 but the cannot create and cannot build.
Am running XP.
System is clean virus wise.
will try editing the .exe and see what happens

Yakamaru
Member # 311

Rate Member

posted April 06, 2006 13:31     Profile for Yakamaru     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi! I'm new to the forum
I've got one of the same problems that Damicles does. Whenever i play a single player game, it suddenly says "Mission Failed" and i have to restart the mission It's really frustrating... Any Help would be appreciated

Posts: 2 | From: Oslo, Norway | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04