my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » Greetings!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greetings!
BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted September 24, 2005 21:24     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Nahoo - hello KKND Clan! I finally decided to join the forums so that people know that I exist. I'm 95% complete through the game, with no cheats so far! I'm training my 2 younger brothers to be KKND warriors too.

Obviously, it is a dreadful shame that I join a 'little' late... I know that there simply aren't anywhere near 300 clan members still active. 99% of the clan members' websites are no longer existent. It makes me cry. Still, I'd like to be added to the list anyway for the time being - I would prefer weekends.

May I politely post the following observations I made while browsing…

1. Lots of links to files on the Downloads page end up 404-ing. Are they still there or are they gone for good?

2. Could I suggest that we find the time and resources to run through the list of clan members and find out whether they still exist (by sending out e-mails and checking web-sites), and removing those that have disappeared? Just by finding the e-mail addresses that are no longer valid, you can remove most of them. I know it's sad, but the list will be much more useful if it is up-to-date.

Despite KME not working on XP, KKND2 is still a super game, and I will carry on playing it for at least another year. So maybe I could challenge you to a duel some time? Of course, I know I’ll be thrashed, but fun nevertheless.

Posts: 35 | From: England, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 26, 2005 15:08     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am looking for someone to put all the members in mySQL and then have a PHP front-end to allow people to join/update independently.

Also, displaying so many email addresses is not good practice any more.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted September 28, 2005 05:49     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I can PHP, but at the moment I only make Access databases. Is there anyone else you know who can help?

I know what you mean about the e-mails. Probably for that reason, these people get spammed and then get a new account somewhere else, making them unreachable. Is it possible to take all the e-mails down and send out an automatic notice?

Posts: 35 | From: England, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2005 17:03     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The member area can be accomplished if someone wants to help me put all the members' details into a new mySQL table. From there, I can display the member details as they are at the moment.

Email addresses and other personal information will only be visible to people logged in.

PHP and mySQL help is required here as I simply don't have the time to do all of this by myself.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04