my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » Mod or Cheat?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mod or Cheat?
Shadowcreep
Member # 46

Rate Member

posted July 28, 2002 05:33     Profile for Shadowcreep     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,

i'm looking for a cheat or a mod that allows more than 4 turrets of each turretgroup. Does somehting like that exist?

Sorry for my bad English but I come from Germany

Dane345345
Member # 30

posted July 28, 2002 10:45     Profile for Dane345345     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More than 4 turrets of each group would be insane. If you need more defenses just place the vehicle where you want the turrets. You'll find that some vehicles are better than turrets.
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 28, 2002 12:16     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wouldn't call it insane. Its a perfectly acceptable question.

In Dune II there is a way around the stupid building limit that's imposed. In this game it is particularly annoying in the later missions with constraining limits on building and unit numbers.

In KKND 2 however, the limits on specific buildings are well thought out and do not detract from the game. If a player had lots of money - and in long games, they usually do, then bases will be virtually impossible to penetrate... imagine the best turret, each with an AA turret littered across the map... it would make the game a lot duller as the strategic element would be diminished.

I think mods and cheats can be cool, but they quickly become boring and make lame game play.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 28, 2002 13:43     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with every word nahoo just said!

But if you honestly want more than 4 turrets I recommend making a custom map and adding as many turrets as you want there.

Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shadowcreep
Member # 46

Rate Member

posted July 28, 2002 13:51     Profile for Shadowcreep     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My Problem is, that the Game is very difficult, maybe only in my opinion, but I'm a very bad strategic. So the KI always rushes me an I have Difficulties avoiding that. Maybe more Turrets can help me learning to deal with less but if I always get rushed in the higher Levels the fun is over quickly.

I hope you can understand what I mean

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 28, 2002 14:35     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
could you please tell me what level you are talking about?
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted July 28, 2002 14:36     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the later missions are really difficult because the AI cheats.. if you look at the mission editor you see that you can assign teams build times, and army costs, most of the later levels use this and it gets really hard sometimes but its still fun, especially when you get overrun and you fight to the last man/building hehe kamikazi!!

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shadowcreep
Member # 46

Rate Member

posted July 28, 2002 16:13     Profile for Shadowcreep     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the problem is that I have problems with nearly half of the Missions...
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 28, 2002 21:10     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please check out the Strategy guide on this site and some of the older strategies on http://kknd2.com for some help.

A very small and useful tip is to focus on making money early on by constructing several Power Plants and enough Oil Tankers. This will keep your armies well funded throughout the mission.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dane345345
Member # 30

posted July 29, 2002 19:42     Profile for Dane345345     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've basically said what the rest of you said. I just said it more blunt. It's insane. As Nahoo said having more than 4 turrets and having them scattered all about the place would make the game stupid. It's easier to place a vehicle where you want the turret. But with the Survivor's LTA it makes those later missions kinda simple. Note: You don't always have to kill all the enemy's turrets to complete the mission. You should play some people in some TCP/IP games.
Significant Other
Member # 23

Member Rated:

posted August 09, 2002 00:32     Profile for Significant Other     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i can see wat u r sayin, i find the final against the survivors and bots hard, but i can still beat them. it may take me more hours than ne 1 else on this site, but i still get them done. either use mods, codes/cheats/strategies or learn the hard way, coz sooner or later u will beat the missions. it took me lik 6 or 7 time to beat the finals, but each time i progressed further in to the game then got killed. in the end i progressed soooo far I killed THEM! so u dont really need more than 4 turrets.
if u need sum more help email me at mech_62@hotmaill.com or mayb we can go on msn n talk bout it or sumting.

--------------------

The cycle of hatred continues, untill something is done about it.

Its time to take the power back.

Posts: 42 | From: Albury | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04