my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Comments   » Activity?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Activity?
Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted January 19, 2007 04:14     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Comment you are free to ignore if you wish, but I suggest people actually start coming back to this site. Come On! New members are still slowly joining the list! We can get this going again!
PS I am now happy, because I have posted the most recent topic in every forum field

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

Posts: 56 | From: Canberra, Australia | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ness
Member # 751

Member Rated:

posted January 21, 2007 14:01     Profile for Ness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a problem, (posiibly caused by my lack of knowledge for KKND2) It seems when I go into a match, sometimes I can't create units or build things. It flashes on the screen, Could not create units. or Cannot build. Is there something I'm doing to cause this?

--------------------

This is not a signature.

Posts: 19 | From: At Computer | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted January 22, 2007 23:31     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm, not really sure what is happening there. Have you reached the maximum units/buildings? the bar next to your RU's fills up the more buildings and units you have. Sadly, there is a maximum, and when you hit it, you can't build any more units/buildings. Uh, can't really think of any other time it would happen really

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 23, 2007 14:02     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks StrongBee! I hope you are right.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ness
Member # 751

Member Rated:

posted January 23, 2007 17:27     Profile for Ness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No. It flashes when I start the game. Even before I create units. It might have something to do with me upgrading the lab first to 5, but It has stopped recently. I was going to ask this question before, but what do Shield constructibles do?

--------------------

This is not a signature.

Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted January 24, 2007 08:15     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wouldn't have a clue. According to the manual, they are supposed to...increase the armour of nearby units. Good luck seeing those results.

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

Ness
Member # 751

Member Rated:

posted January 24, 2007 08:47     Profile for Ness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I usually do three steps to ensure victory.

1. Get a good oil station up
2. Build and Upgrade base (defenses too)
3. Build Bombers and then find enemy base.

I usually make 2 oil rigs and have 2 oil carriers on each, and set the bombers to infinite. After I get a squad of about 20 bombers, I take down the anti-aircraft turrets, and then go after the infantry building first to make sure they can't repair their main base, and then destroy the other buildings one by one.

--------------------

This is not a signature.

Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted July 17, 2007 00:01     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quick question Ness - are you still working on getting your multiplayer online? Because I am here, waiting...

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted September 05, 2007 08:46     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
March 07. The time the newest member was inducted.
Perhaps it is I am too late now.
Perhaps I did not do enough when the time was ripe.
Well, I hope somebody other than me reads this, and some activity occurs on this site at some stage or other in the not too distant future.
The 700 registered members surely joined here because they enjoyed KKnD, they really enjoyed it - now, though, they are letting it fall to disrepair.
I don't really know if this belongs in activity? or mad rants, but, if I am correct, which I hope i am not, it will not matter.
Have a good day all.

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

DarkNinja23
Member # 295

Rate Member

posted September 12, 2007 11:57     Profile for DarkNinja23     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm alive and can still see, in my low light underground bunker.. waiting for some one to damn nuke to planet so we can start again, come on Bush, just do it ! o.O
Just randomly checking ze KKND forums and such, seems this place is way more dead than the last time i checked..

Correct about what??

--------------------

PWNAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE
Survivors PWN ALL...

Posts: 18 | From: a hidden outpost in the middile of another game for some random reson.. | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted September 25, 2007 08:59     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Indeed, death is somewhat present in these forums.
I myself am nearing the verge of giving up, but it certainly inspires me to keep checking when I see an older (more superior I mean) member checking back.
Hi, I'm Strongbee! How ya doin?

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 27, 2007 15:57     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just popped in here after a long absence (several months).

--------------------

Ness
Member # 751

Member Rated:

posted January 08, 2008 18:32     Profile for Ness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, it's been forever since I've posted here.

Seems like the game is dead now.

I'll still keep it alive on the forums I visit.

--------------------

This is not a signature.

Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2008 22:50     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oooh, a recent post
How'd you go getting multiplayer working? I realise this isn't the multiplayer chat section, but it is something to talk about other than death!

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

Ness
Member # 751

Member Rated:

posted January 12, 2008 01:03     Profile for Ness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still not working.

My guess is since my copy of it is pirated due to the fact that I can't find a copy in my area, I'll need to keep looking for a legit version so I can multi-player to work.

On a completely unrelated note:

Is the PS1 version of KKND2 better or worse than the PC version?

[ January 12, 2008: Message edited by: Ness ]

--------------------

This is not a signature.

DarkNinja23
Member # 295

Rate Member

posted February 29, 2008 19:21     Profile for DarkNinja23     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Worse, Like a Demo, only has 3 players max for MP and maps are 1/4 the size of the maps, it also dosent have the mouse feature, so if you have a PS1 mouse, its useless. Good fun none the less.

Also dont own a ligit copy of KKND2, Although the other 3 are totaly ligit, Never seen KKND2 in a shop too, on Ebay AFAIK.

But I've been able to play KKND2 with a mate (who also had a pirated) fine .

Now I'll go back to hibernation for another half year.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: DarkNinja23 ]

--------------------

PWNAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE
Survivors PWN ALL...

Posts: 18 | From: a hidden outpost in the middile of another game for some random reson.. | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ness
Member # 751

Member Rated:

posted March 29, 2008 00:04     Profile for Ness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's too bad there won't be a third KKND.

If there was, this site wouldn't be as inactive.

Take the Banjo-Kazooie site I visit (http://www.spiralmountain.co.uk/). There's a third Banjo game which is coming out, and that's kept the site alive since after the popularity of Banjo-Tooie.

Heck, if anyone wants to join the B-K site, please do!

Whoever holds the license to KKND, SELL IT TO A COMPANY THAT CAN MAKE KKND3.

--------------------

This is not a signature.

Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted May 05, 2008 17:56     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agreed, whoever Melbourne House was assimilated by should do something with the license. But, with the present number of active people on this website, I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon...

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted February 15, 2009 14:14     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are the board members still active?

Where are you! Sleeping KKnD- commanders ^^.

Are you hiding under the earth until the next KKnD release? That would be a nice story!!

The time between KKnD 2 and 3 is the same as the time we are waiting in our bunkers. when when it is released, we are prepared for war. :-)

Posts: 35 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged
Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2009 15:26     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello there!
This website certainly did suffer a long period of inactivity, however now things should once more pick up. As for the board members, well, it's entirely possible they are hiding underground, but Nahoo certainly frequents the website and keeps everything running smoothly, and I myself am here to keep the forums as best as I can. I plan to give all the older members that perhaps feel the site has died a gentle 'poke' in a couple of days, and I'll be sure to include the board members in this poke - it will be the pokiest poke you've ever seen!
Anyway, the site is most assuredly picking up now, and I at least am looking forward to many a krossfire game!

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

NightWalker
Member # 1259

Member Rated:

posted January 15, 2010 06:47     Profile for NightWalker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you poked them yet?xD
Posts: 14 | From: Portugal | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
knack69
Member # 1729

Rate Member

posted January 19, 2010 12:21     Profile for knack69     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just poked myseft to visit this board again, has been 1-2 months since I last was here.
Anyway, cool that people still comes to this place.

Posts: 39 | From: belgium | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2010 00:24     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello!

--------------------

knack69
Member # 1729

Rate Member

posted May 10, 2010 14:45     Profile for knack69     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello nahoo.
Glad your still checking and keep this site online _o_

Posts: 39 | From: belgium | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04