my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Mad Rants   » KKND 3 story is crap

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KKND 3 story is crap
Mr. Neo
Member # 105

Rate Member

posted October 18, 2003 05:13     Profile for Mr. Neo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally I thought a lot more thought could of been put into the background story for KKND3. Whats with spacehips flying to another planet? and Scourge telling of a spirit lake? and some weird thing that tells series 9 about the other two?... this story doesn't make since and strays far away from the original. If they do decide to use your story that, I will not buy KKND3. It's a brilliant idea to come up with innovative gameplay, but given that story makes it hard for me to accept that this will be a game worth buying. Now I haven't came up with my own ideas or stories, but I know that if I were given the time I would create a back story that stuck with what made the other 2 great... simply war. I also believe we shouldn't give credit to the date sep 11, no matter how far in the future it is. How bout something more original like D-Day. So I would have to say take down that story... revamp it and have others look it over who will give you constructive criticism... you need it.

[ October 18, 2003: Message edited by: Mr. Neo ]

--------------------

could god make a burrito so hot, he himself could not eat it?

Posts: 1 | From: California, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Significant Other
Member # 23

Member Rated:

posted March 01, 2004 01:29     Profile for Significant Other     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the kknd3 story is pretty damn good. he has da guts 2 publish his idea's so giv him a break. sum times if u hav da same storyline for too long, then mayb ppl get bored n wont lik it, so the story has 2 change.

--------------------

The cycle of hatred continues, untill something is done about it.

Its time to take the power back.

Posts: 42 | From: Albury | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zell
Member # 171

Rate Member

posted August 19, 2004 19:21     Profile for Zell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I Agree with mr. neo... An apocalyptic storyline would be awesome, because if there's been so much war going on then obviously the world will end. I just thought of a cover for the game. I imagine it to be like Series 9 standing in front of a demolished "big ben" fighting survivors or evolved...

Thats just what i think, you dont have to agree.

--------------------

Define madness, therein lies shadow,

The darkness, which bears the promise,

Within a thought, denial, a state of inevitability,

A shadow in the darkness you cannot see...

Posts: 1 | From: In front Of My Computer | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Revolution
Member # 172

Rate Member

posted September 05, 2004 13:07     Profile for Revolution     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just think its better then no kknd3?

maybe sum1 should make a new topic so other ppl can make up there own plot for a kknd3 :P just for fun

--------------------

Series 9

Posts: 4 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zdenius
Member # 189

Rate Member

posted November 16, 2004 04:00     Profile for Zdenius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
goddamned. where did you find the story? i havent seen it anywhere.
Posts: 4 | From: Slovakia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2004 15:40     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please feel free to start one!

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Series 9's Champion
Member # 145

Rate Member

posted December 18, 2004 18:11     Profile for Series 9's Champion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
where is the KKND 3 story? I whish to read it.

Oh btw, will be writing my own story in the setting of KKND 2 universe after the happenings of the game.

Maybe it will be good or it will be crap, that I'll let ya decide when i'm done. err..if anyone actulley reads the thing -_-;;;

[ December 18, 2004: Message edited by: Series 9's Champion ]

--------------------

Machines roars over the ground, to conquer an destroy.

Posts: 11 | From: Norway | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grizzly
Member # 241

Rate Member

posted June 27, 2005 12:50     Profile for Grizzly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
interesting... i am making KKND3:Battle for Nekres, mod for C&C Generals and i made story that similar to that. Space ships, another planet...
We are thinking equally

Posts: 18 | From: Russia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grizzly
Member # 241

Rate Member

posted June 28, 2005 13:43     Profile for Grizzly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wait a minute.... superweapon in kknd? it is not a C&C, it is kknd
i think there must be no super weapons in kknd3

Fighter_Phil
Member # 247

Member Rated:

posted July 27, 2005 02:43     Profile for Fighter_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where can i get a demo of KKNd 3?

--------------------

Fighter_Phil

Posts: 15 | From: Tasmania, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 27, 2005 08:45     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KKND 3 does not exist yet.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fighter_Phil
Member # 247

Member Rated:

posted July 28, 2005 04:03     Profile for Fighter_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But its in development right?
I mean the one by Grizzly

[ July 28, 2005: Message edited by: Fighter_Phil ]

--------------------

Fighter_Phil

Trail
Member # 246

Rate Member

posted July 28, 2005 14:48     Profile for Trail     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KKND 3 does not exist yet. "Yet" ?

There will be no KKND 3, it has alot of reasons why not to be created

Posts: 9 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fighter_Phil
Member # 247

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2005 04:36     Profile for Fighter_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If its really not gonna be made tell my all the reasons you know :P

--------------------

Fighter_Phil

Trail
Member # 246

Rate Member

posted July 30, 2005 06:36     Profile for Trail     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, not many would buy the game, it will prolly sux, and melbourne house wont do it or should i say Atari??, and if they did the game, they would waste alot of money, They would lose more than they earn
Posts: 9 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fighter_Phil
Member # 247

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2005 17:58     Profile for Fighter_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well then they can sell of the series to another company like me and i could make it easily with my friend.

--------------------

Fighter_Phil

Grizzly
Member # 241

Rate Member

posted August 01, 2005 09:28     Profile for Grizzly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fighter_Phil:
[QB]But its in development right?
I mean the one by Grizzly

i'm working on it... but have some problems, not with mod, it's my own problems

Fighter_Phil
Member # 247

Member Rated:

posted August 01, 2005 22:48     Profile for Fighter_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When can i get a demo of it from you

--------------------

Fighter_Phil

Grizzly
Member # 241

Rate Member

posted August 02, 2005 13:13     Profile for Grizzly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i don't know... maybe never...
Fighter_Phil
Member # 247

Member Rated:

posted August 02, 2005 18:16     Profile for Fighter_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But i've seen some screenshots so you must of made the characters but not the gameply and missions yet because i want to see this made into a game.

--------------------

Fighter_Phil

h3x3
Member # 291

Rate Member

posted February 14, 2006 10:52     Profile for h3x3     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As soon as i become rich, i will pay some bitchy developers who will realize kknd3 - so, just wait another 100yrs...or send me money to help me.
thx.

h3x3

DarkNinja23
Member # 295

Rate Member

posted February 20, 2006 08:52     Profile for DarkNinja23     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol PAY ME PAY ME, ill make it, i have like a game engine and crap so pay me ! (gunna make game like KKND with game engine XD) HURRAR FOR KKND 3 !, i wounder if the copy right is still alive seeing as the original makers are head shoted and the publishers melbourn are looking dead..

--------------------

PWNAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE
Survivors PWN ALL...

Posts: 18 | From: a hidden outpost in the middile of another game for some random reson.. | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Major Scientist
unregistered

posted December 13, 2006 12:41       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is why I am reluctant to join fansites for established games...
Okay, enjoying a largely unbiased mind (my KKND experience is limited) I'll take a step back and look at the story from a writer's standpoint...
First, your grammar is serviceable at points but horrible at others. Second... If the Survivors had it somewhat cozy on Mars why would they come back? Third, where are these completely new guys that have absolutely no prior mention in the series coming from? Some like the Hackers Guild (the Series 9 ally) I can see as there might be some split in methodology at least for the Survivors and Series 9. But for the rest... you might as well say they were a gift from Santa Claus hidden in his secret fallout shelter in the North Pole.
The main question on my mind is how (in the context of the game universe) can any of the three sides justfy throwing down for one more war instead of sitting around a campfire and sing "Coom-by-yah" (spelling?)? When you're only fighting for idealogy and rad-blasted deserts, the will to shout "WAAAAARGH!" gets hard to summon after awhile.
That being said, I would love to see the three get together for one more game, each get a complete 3D makeover, get radically different technologies, weapons, and tactics, and then battle it out in a epic destructable battlefield.

IP: Logged
Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted January 18, 2007 05:29     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh! Well now, lets look at this then. Most likely you are right, the will to fight for wasteland is nil. So lets use that. Somehow or other, an uneasy treaty was devised by the three sides (I don't know, I mean, if you finished all 3 campaigns in Krossfire, then lets just say they all got an equal part of the land). Minor skirmishes along the borders and the like, not to make the story too stupid. All sides developing weapons to aid these skirmishes, for new units. Then a world-war 1 starter-kind-of-thing, in which major leaders of each side are assassinated (by rogue survivors, perhaps), and all sides think it was the other two, and so large-scale fighting breaks out once more. Simple idea for you, not that I think anyone actually comes here anymore anyway

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

Posts: 56 | From: Canberra, Australia | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ness
Member # 751

Member Rated:

posted January 20, 2007 15:58     Profile for Ness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was thinking the Survivors and Evolved could ally to fight the Series 9. Then again, I can just make that happen in KKND2 with SoloPlay.

--------------------

This is not a signature.

Posts: 19 | From: At Computer | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04