my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Mad Rants   » KME Hang time

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KME Hang time
JC
Member # 55

Rate Member

posted November 22, 2002 13:33     Profile for JC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How were you guys able to make the missions? KME crashes everytime you click on the 'Tiles' or 'Attributes' tabs. No way around it. Something to do with my PC setup? What can we do about it? Do I have to downgrade my OS to Win95 and an old DirectX version? Help!
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 14:12     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No it's not your PC, it's KME. Its buggy, incomplete, and very unstable. The only OS I've ever gotten it to work on was WindowsME

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
JC
Member # 55

Rate Member

posted November 22, 2002 14:26     Profile for JC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You mean, all of you who made custom missions in the 'missions' section, using the KME used WinME? You mean I can't use Win98/98SE? How did you all manage to make those custom missions? I can't even start making missions. =(

Another question, what is the difference between the KME in the 'downloads' section and the KME included in the game?

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by BennyBarrageCraft:
No it's not your PC, it's KME. Its buggy, incomplete, and very unstable. The only OS I've ever gotten it to work on was WindowsME

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 21:26     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's no difference. It was placed there on request by someone in case someone mislaid their version.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2002 02:25     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It usually took me around 3.5 to 5 hours for each one, thats if I even did it in one day. Sometimes I would get sick of the freezing and the crashing so I'd give it a rest a couple days. All my missions were made on a system with WinME, I'm not sure what anyone else had it running on... Probly 98SE or somethin

[ November 23, 2002: Message edited by: BennyBarrageCraft ]

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2002 13:23     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mmm another freezer I see, basically same here, the only system I have ever been able to make kme work on was basically windows Me. After a change of computer, and an OS to windows XP I am unable to get kme to work dammit.
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 24, 2002 06:54     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is this page displaying correctly?

--------------------

JC
Member # 55

Rate Member

posted November 24, 2002 13:12     Profile for JC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1) You just said "Many people are still available to play multiplayer games and create new missions..." Ok, so like how? KME doesn't just crash frequently, it doesn't work at all. Pressing any tab crashes it. I know how to make missions, at least the guidelines.

2) And who made the KME anyway? The help file was created using an unregistered shareware help-maker. Is there any other way?

Bottom line, did all of you use WinME to make the missions? All of you who made the custom missions? Do I need to use WinME too? I'm using Win98SE. I just can't switch to WinME just to make KKND2 missions. Sure I love the game, but not enough to reformat my PC.

3) Another thing, all the custom missions, except for 'Base Mesa' worked fine for me. I finished all of them. Base Mesa's saved games *always* crash when loading. I don't think its my PC since I've completed all the missions. BM creator may shed some light on this... =) It crashes right about when the bar reaches 1/3 when loading a saved game. Otherwise, I can play it and save it. Its an excellent mission!

Thanks!

JC
Member # 55

Rate Member

posted November 24, 2002 13:20     Profile for JC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I forgot... Why WinME? KKND2 was created in 1997, released in 1998 if memory serves. I doubt if they had WinME as a target platform. What's with WinME? Is it the DirectX version built in? Why? Please tell me how you made all those missions in the 'missions' section? Can any of you ask the programmers how they made the extra 'official' missions in the 'missions' section?

Bottom line: I'm dying to make a mission!!! Help!!!

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 24, 2002 15:41     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know why ME. I created the 3 main missions on Windows 98 First Edition before problems occured and it crashes (like you said), even after a reinstall of the game. Perhaps Direct X has a part to play here? I dunno for sure.

About KME... check the "Mad Rants" forum description and view some old rants. KME is shit, but its all we have to create missions.. Please stop complaining about it as I can't help you and the people at IMH won't help. Life sux sometimes.

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 24, 2002 15:45     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Topic moved...

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04