my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Mad Rants   » programmers, lend me your ears!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: programmers, lend me your ears!
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 21:54     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok so I was thinking that some way or another we could get the source code for kme and then whoever is programatically literate could perhaps try to make a patch for kme to make it more user friendly perhaps.
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2002 01:22     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
or maybe they could use SoftICE and decompile the program and fix it up and then recompile it and make it actually work..

or something like that,
ok I don't have a clue what I said as I'm not a programmer but I have tinkered with sICE before but didn't know what the hell I was doing. and couldn't get anywhere with it
But from what the instructions say, I assume thats the program to use if you dont have the source code available.. tehehe

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2002 06:31     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, good luck with this. It would be very useful to create a better program that works with the KKND 2 game. The current mission editor sux.

However, I doubt this will be possible without the cooperation of IMH. As far as I am aware they no longer have the tools that they used to create missions for the game. They used many programs for each mission, compiling each element of the mission in separate utilities, rather than one pacakge like KME.

The actual missions are far more complex than KME could manage, tiles are edited to fit seamlessly, units appear as reinforements from the edge of the screen, triggers occur when certain tasks are completed. The AI is also programmed for individual missions to attack in waves after a certain period of time using specific waypoints, rather than randomly entering the base. Some units simply walk up and down, and others trace along a route, then stop after a period of time.

Its not going to be easy. I wish I could create "clever" missions and edit the map within Photoshop rather than a clumsy drag and drop interface, but realistically, its not going to happen, unless IMH gets really lucky and generous at the same time.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04