my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Multiplayer   » I Just Can't Seem to TCP/IP

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Just Can't Seem to TCP/IP
BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted November 02, 2005 04:21     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey everyone, since I keep saying I want to play KKND2 with you lot some time, I should be able to set up a game, right? I'm not stupid, but I just don't seem to be able to connect up...

I tried to play a game with my brother across the Internet. Both of us have XP Pro and had our XP firewalls off. We both checked our IP addresses using http://www.whatismyip.com, and we both took turns hosting and joining. Nothing came up in the games screen - that basically means no connection, right? It must be something to do with the fact that I couldn't PING my brother's machine. what would stop this from happening?

What's more, I know the KKNDs are compatable. Both are US version and have the patch, and we had no problem playing a LAN game this weekend.

Do you think the problem could be the router? I'm sure it doesn't block anything, but something is stopping me from seeing the other machine. Any ideas?

Posts: 35 | From: England, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2005 05:37     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The router probably has a firewall. I have discussed this in the Support pages.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04