my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Multiplayer   » FIREWALL!! WINDOWS XP!! please help!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FIREWALL!! WINDOWS XP!! please help!!
sparks
Member # 254

Rate Member

posted August 12, 2005 06:12     Profile for sparks     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I need help setting up a war over the internet, thing is i start kknd2 up, click multiplayer, enter my gamer id and then, Whats this! TCP/IP Address. err... help! Are there any public address's or is there any further setting up needed.

I have no idea what to do! So please help me!
Anyone!

[ August 16, 2005: Message edited by: sparks ]

--------------------

SHIN: a device for finding furniture in the dark!

avenger2501
Member # 255

Rate Member

posted August 12, 2005 14:34     Profile for avenger2501     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
try email some people on the site and get their ip adress so then u can play with them heres my email mentaljonny@hotmail.com email me when u want a game or add me to msn
Posts: 1 | From: scotland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
sparks
Member # 254

Rate Member

posted August 16, 2005 11:40     Profile for sparks     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think its my Fire wall, i looked on the help and surport from the kknd2 site but the help steps were for some other modem and not windows xp. i have a BT router but as far as i can see windows xp deals with firewall. i went to control panel, network connections then clicked on windows firewall and i dont want to turn it off alltogether, so i clicked on the exceptions tab and KKND krossfire is in the list, i took note of what the help on the site said and clicked add port, named it kknd typed in 47624 as the port number then clicked ok, is this right. its also possable to click on the program then click edit under the exceptions tab of the windows firewall window and change scope, ?!?!?, does this have to be changed or left alone. Do you or any one you know have this problem?

Thanks

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 16, 2005 19:32     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Windows firewall is not hard to setup with an except on a specific port number. I do not see where the dificulty lies.

Windows Firewall does not offer good protection. I would get a replacement firewall, or better still, get a router with firewall.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
sparks
Member # 254

Rate Member

posted August 16, 2005 20:14     Profile for sparks     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Then i must b set up. anyone that wants to challenge me or a bit of co-op let me know. I use yahoo and im signed in pretty much most of the time, so IM me if poss.

Big shout to nahoo for the info!
Thanks

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04