my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Multiplayer   » Help!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help!!!
SammMoney
Member # 250

Rate Member

posted August 04, 2005 16:38     Profile for SammMoney     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm using a Linksys router with the game unlocked... But my friend can't connect in... can anyone help me make sure that i have everything open and unlocked that i need to on my router? Or have any ideas why we can't play.
Posts: 7 | From: Coatesville, PA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fighter_Phil
Member # 247

Member Rated:

posted August 04, 2005 18:24     Profile for Fighter_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the same prob at the moment. Check your computer for viruses that always helps and Nahoo can you check the Nahoo forums i replied to one of your posts.

Cheers,
~F-Phil

--------------------

Fighter_Phil

Posts: 15 | From: Tasmania, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 04, 2005 19:14     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would suggest looking at the Suppot section for Router advice.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
SammMoney
Member # 250

Rate Member

posted August 04, 2005 20:55     Profile for SammMoney     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Nahoo... i did already check the forum for info and the support area for info i am using a Linksys router not netgear... so the wording is different.
Posts: 7 | From: Coatesville, PA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brian182
Member # 253

posted August 05, 2005 02:42     Profile for Brian182     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whoa, people still play this game. I recently found my disc and started playing again.
The only thing I can think of is enabling your computer's IP to the DMZ thing, atleast that is what I do with my Belkin. This allows your pc to be connected to the router but kinda act like if it was directly connected to the cablemodem or whatever you use instead. Atleast that is what I think it does. Try directly connected your pc to your modem first, and if you still have problems, it's not a router problem.

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 05, 2005 11:06     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The wording is always going to be different on different brands of routers. What you need to look for is the same text and layout as the screenshots here. You will need to accept incoming connections from the KKND 2 port and allow the IP address(es) of the other players.

--------------------

Fighter_Phil
Member # 247

Member Rated:

posted August 05, 2005 21:02     Profile for Fighter_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Arrghhh I dont know where to Allow incoming Ips please help

--------------------

Fighter_Phil

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 06, 2005 08:01     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go to the manufacturer's website and look up "port forwarding".

--------------------

Fighter_Phil
Member # 247

Member Rated:

posted August 07, 2005 00:56     Profile for Fighter_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you mean the http://melbournehouse.kknd2.com/index2.html or the beam software site?

--------------------

Fighter_Phil

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 09, 2005 08:08     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Manufacturer's site... for the router!

--------------------

Fighter_Phil
Member # 247

Member Rated:

posted August 12, 2005 02:18     Profile for Fighter_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Manufacturer for my firewall? or like Microsoft i dont get it lol

--------------------

Fighter_Phil

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04