my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Map Editing   » KKND Krossfire KME - Tutorial And Full Guide

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KKND Krossfire KME - Tutorial And Full Guide
dune1956
Member # 3989

Rate Member

posted May 31, 2015 10:03     Profile for dune1956     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Everyone ...
Before am gonna start writing this topic i would like to thank (0xAA55 and LOEweNz@Hn Developers ) for hard work .
------
kknd 2 krossfire is a strategy Arcade game released on 1998 for Playstation 1 and PC OS
. My goal to post this topic is to keep this game Alive , Now we are in 2015 So only few people around the world would stay developing this great game .
SO PLEASE SHARE THIS TOPIC WITH ALL KKND FANS IN ALL SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
------
you are lucky to read my thread because its the main documentary to kknd krossfire Mission Editor (KME). KME program is an application to create your own maps into the game , But the problem is this program does not support new softwares anymore like - windows 8 \ windows 7 \ vista \ MAC OS \ XP - . KME English version have many bugs and wrongs running on new devices 64\32\16bits , its only supported for those rarest people who are still using Windows Me\Win1998 !!!! So what other kknd 2 Fans will do ???.
KME English version is 99% impossible to work with your operating system because there's a file called (LARC.exe) this part of KME, programmed to be a gate to Export missions so this is why when u finish editing any kknd map you see an error with LARC .
immensely i did many edits using HEX and other changes in LARC but seriously i give up .
KME Chinese version designed to load any .kp \. lmp formats without getting any error comparing to ENG ver because it's not running with LARC.exe , so the only problem now is we cannot understand Chinese language right ? my opinion is it's not a big problem to me until i finishing practice using it , so as soon as possible i will translate some main texts in KME to post them in my topic.
-------
Can We Make A New Maps ? ( YES! )
First let me tell about my experience when i used both KME . ENG ver is really sucks & bad
China ver is smooth & very good . According to my history with kknd games i played this game in 2004 when i was 6 years old ,whatever in 2009 i tried to solve KME problems but i fail !
i tried KME english ver in these operating systems but all them cannot export any maps and most errors are crashing for Unknown reason ( WinXP\7\8\vista )
Chinese ver is working in these ( Win7\XP ) i don't know by other OS because in Win8 & Vista when i load .kp format it crashes for no reason or there's something wrong with OS .

-------------
---------
Plans in the future of kknd seasons ...

seriosly am very busy guy , but i wanna make new maps soon with packages . Every package include 8 or 6 New Multi - single maps .
Note : please follow my youtube channel for new videos dunedune .

Please Watch these tutorials Made by me .
(kknd 2 Krossfire - How to Create New Maps using KME)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaTKKX8bV88
(kknd krossfire KME How to Create single or custom Map Tutorial)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Df_zxvpYY

kknd krossfire KME How to combine and Add objects into Map Editor Tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH5wNHTXVrg

---------------------------------

What 0xAA55 done ?!
He done really a great job to select whatever background you like when you play your own map for example in kknd there are only 3 backgrounds ( desert \ Highland \ city ) This Application called Images Converter to KM Files let you select any image you like then export it as .kp format then go to KME then select -New- then select -Load .kp file - .
Also he did KPEditor to edit the background but its not working probably with me i dont know.
Also Added more pretty new tiles from kknd xtreme .
Created a terrain Editor .
Anyway thanks 0xAA55

What LOEweNz@Hn done ?!
He Fixed many problems in the Original copy of KME
- Fixed when you select creature or Tiles Crashes !
- Fixed when load any .kp Crashes
- He Added all objects in Desert & Highland to build a map with full details
- other program fixes _ect

Special Thanks For : (0xAA55 and LOEweNz@Hn Developers) to save this old game .

[ May 31, 2015: Message edited by: dune1956 ]

--------------------

Old School Gamer

Posts: 12 | From: UAE | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged
dune1956
Member # 3989

Rate Member

posted May 31, 2015 10:29     Profile for dune1956     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Download Links Here :

KKND 2 krossfire 8 New Maps

KKND 2 KME China ver

--------------------

Old School Gamer

0xAA55
Member # 3979

Rate Member

posted May 31, 2015 11:24     Profile for 0xAA55   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I'm free, I will write some new tools to make it work fine.

Now I need to study Japanese language. In September I will go to Japanese for learning. I'm afraid that I don't have much time.

--------------------

If any one need my KKND2 KP tools, contact me! weixiaobao213@qq.com
Welcome.
http://0xaa55.kknd2.com/

Posts: 10 | From: Kunming, Yunnan, China | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged
dune1956
Member # 3989

Rate Member

posted May 31, 2015 11:51     Profile for dune1956     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 0xAA55:
If I'm free, I will write some new tools to make it work fine.

Now I need to study Japanese language. In September I will go to Japanese for learning. I'm afraid that I don't have much time.

For me , you did Amazing job seriously . Also am so happy to meet you because without you i will still stuck . However my next assignment is to change all story maps then re-add kknd xtreme tiles ^^ this gonna take few months ....

--------------------

Old School Gamer

kruszer0x29A
Member # 3988

Rate Member

posted June 04, 2015 16:27     Profile for kruszer0x29A     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that's nice there are a few people who still play KKND
The release of KME 2.0 was a milestone in creating maps for KKND2. Indeed, it works on newer Windows than 95 It makes creating and exporting maps still possible and that's great! However, it had some imperfections, but I see most of them are fixed in newest version - a pity that only in Chinese version. I will be great if there will be english version with the same functionality!
Well, I made the KKND2 Terrain Editor with a bit different functionality than KME, maybe it will be useful for someone.
http://planet.kknd2.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000060
It's compatible with original and kmpe.exe (some older version of KME 2.0) *.km and *.kp files. The newest version of KTE is 1.04, maybe I'll make a new version compatible with the newest KME 2.0. Explanation of the last *.km file structure can be very helpful, because in this month I will not have enough time for guessing games

Posts: 2 | From: Poland | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged
LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted February 17, 2016 07:15     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello guys, its me! :-D

Good to see, that there are still people out there who deal with these things.
Thanks dune for your kind words.

I feel so sad that I don't have enough free time to focus more on kknd and the map editing in general. Life goes on and we all grow up. I'm still passionate about these things and will never forget this game and the memories.

- All I know is that there is this project: http://www.kknd-game.com/
They're trying to recode the whole game with its original balancing and all that.

- I made the Highland-Tileset which is still not 100% correct.

- Also the Urban.kp is still missing completly.

For me the english KME versions works properly. I don't know why. I'm not a programmer. I do it 'old school' with a seperate XP and Windows ME system. Thats how I created the Highland.kp. Took so much time, but finally it worked.

What this community needs is an editor which runs properly on most systems and is able to open/create maps with all functions the game inherits. This kind of work is what I expect to be done by a volunteering programmer.

ONE PROGRAM, 3 TILESETS

Anybody out there who can code the program?

Greetings

Posts: 35 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged
eNeMDe
Member # 1447

Rate Member

posted January 20, 2020 10:16     Profile for eNeMDe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Symmetrics ^^

Can someone gimme good example how to set waypoints for patrols and add the reinforcements event properly in KME 2.0?

I'm doing it wrong and the game crashes then.

And thank you for the creators for this KME

--------------------

Still waiting for KKND3...

Posts: 8 | From: Wrocław | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 26, 2020 07:43     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello eNeMDe!

Sorry for the delay. I'll see if one of the creators of the program will get in touch on here...

[ April 26, 2020: Message edited by: Nahoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
eNeMDe
Member # 1447

Rate Member

posted June 18, 2020 16:23     Profile for eNeMDe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank You for answer Nahoo and do my request from pm
I have hope that someone will answer for my problem, but I have the second one and much important issue: i don't know why all of the enemy units are trying to reach the "CPU Player Information" market at start of the custom mission, no matter where i place it. Maybe I forgot something since I have made the missions in a past?

--------------------

Still waiting for KKND3...

Posts: 8 | From: Wrocław | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04