my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » Map Editing   » New Tile Sets - work in process

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Tile Sets - work in process
LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted March 10, 2009 15:30     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, everybody!

In this thread I will post my work-status, to keep you informed.

I'm able to create a full Tile Set of the the Highland terrain and the Urban terrain. I will start with the Highland. Now I know how the developers of KKnD: Krossfire implemented the graphics into the editor and on the map.

You can expect two new Tile Sets in quality of the 'Desert.kp'. That means the Tile Set I'm creating supports transparency. Furthermore I will complete the Desert - Tile Set, because some Tiles aren't implemented for example tunnels, the plane wreck and some other stuff...

It would be great, if you could report me other missing tiles of the 'Desert.kp', so I don't need to search them on my own.

Greetings to all KKnD - Fans all over the world!!

Posts: 35 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged
LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted March 12, 2009 13:51     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello! Great sucess!

Today I finished all Floor-Tiles and the "brown-ground"-objects like the great bone structure. But take a look on your own:

[ March 14, 2009: Message edited by: LOEweNz@Hn ]

NightWalker
Member # 1259

Member Rated:

posted March 12, 2009 17:35     Profile for NightWalker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome,LEO,keep up the good work!
Posts: 14 | From: Portugal | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted March 13, 2009 17:05     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you :-)

Today I have THREE Screenshots for you!
Everything fits together; cracks, lava and the lovely roads on the green highland.
They are all finish now and working fine:

[ March 16, 2009: Message edited by: LOEweNz@Hn ]

[ March 16, 2009: Message edited by: LOEweNz@Hn ]

Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted March 13, 2009 17:52     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent work good sir! I can assure you that I shall be remaining active for a long time to come, so don't worry about that. Keep up the awesome work though, I'll see if I can go about perhaps making the community a little more active for us all.

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

Posts: 56 | From: Canberra, Australia | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted March 14, 2009 04:07     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you, Strongbee!

Nahoo added a new category in the screenshot galery with the screenshots I show you here in this thread.
http://planet.kknd2.com/gallery/editing

Maybe someone can write a news on the mainpage, so users who visit the site see there something new. An example for how reactivating some community members...

LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted March 14, 2009 18:30     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today I finished the stone-walls, the wooden-walls, the landscape buildings, I completed the roads and at last I made the trees and forests.

Take a look!

Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted March 17, 2009 05:58     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I fully agree with your idea of posting this wonderful work on the main page! Unfortunately that is beyond my power, so Nahoo, perhaps you could lend us a hand?

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

Posts: 56 | From: Canberra, Australia | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted March 19, 2009 11:51     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I already talked to Nahoo and he said he agreed, but that was one week ago...

The reason for why Im not posting regulary is that I'm working on the cliffs and this is the most difficult part, specially the water-cliffs. The cliff in procent is 85-90% I think, because when the water-cliffs are finished then I can reproduce my work on the other levels (normal terrain and brown terrain).

It really costs much time and patience...

NightWalker
Member # 1259

Member Rated:

posted March 19, 2009 16:00     Profile for NightWalker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had no idea building maps in this game could be so hard =P
Posts: 14 | From: Portugal | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted March 21, 2009 04:19     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, but I'm still not building maps, I'm building the graphics for the editor. I have to cut them in the correct pieces, so later in the editor you can put everything together and it will looks fine.
LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted March 21, 2009 04:32     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A small preview of the water-tiles...

[ March 21, 2009: Message edited by: LOEweNz@Hn ]

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2009 15:00     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well done on all this!

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
AndiNo
Member # 677

Member Rated:

posted May 16, 2009 20:50     Profile for AndiNo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, looks really good! Although I'm not making missions myself (only for the fun of it^^) I missed the other tilesets from the game when I created a mission. Keep up the good work!
Posts: 31 | From: my computer | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
[CYT]sh@rp
Member # 1768

Rate Member

posted July 12, 2009 09:28     Profile for [CYT]sh@rp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hello,

is that the try to fix the fact that you can only create desert-maps?

greetings

yes it is, now i read it more exact. very good work!

[ July 12, 2009: Message edited by: [CYT]sh@rp ]

--------------------

www.clan-coyote.de

Online Gaming Since 2000.

Posts: 12 | From: Augsburg, Germany | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted May 11, 2010 06:28     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here we go again. I'm back. A long time I stopped working, because firefly3233 developed a working Map-Editor which is able to import all KKnD 2-Maps of the game.

But:
This editor istn finished yet, because it has some errors. It's hard work to create a working .kp file for this new enhanced editor. The .kp the standard editor of melbourne house creates also a .kp data, but its not compatible with the new enhanced editor from firefly3233.

I'm finish with the Highland-Tileset soon! (95%)
I will release some more diary entries, when I get some freetime. ^^

With the release of the Highland Tileset, a completed Desert-Tileset AND firefly's enhanced editor the KKnD-Community will be able to create NEW MAPS ON XP (Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Patroul-points, special AI-modifications and much more...

STAY TUNED!!
I hope there is still someone alive out there.

LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted May 12, 2010 17:35     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are three brandnew screenshots from new tiles, specially the cliffs:

LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted May 14, 2010 17:42     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally I got it.
Today, although I still could not complete the whole Highland.kp, I compiled the first version. With this version I will create a new Highland-Map in a few days.

Let me tell you, how difficult it was to make the .kp file:

The tiles were not the problem. When I tried to compile a .kp file on my second pc (with windows me) with the old kme.exe and to load it in the new enhanced editor from firefly on my first pc (with windows xp) the program said something like: "Wrong .kp file format!"
There was no way to fix it.
After a few hours I got it to create a blank map with my new tileset (about 380 Tiles) on the old kme. Often it crashed. Then I placed every of the 380 Tiles on the map and exported it. The enhanced kme from firefly is able to import existing, compiled maps (.lpc-format).

My plan:
- place all tiles on a map
- export it
- load it in the enhanced editor from firefly
- mark all tiles again
- save it as a new .kp file of the enhanced kme

But obviously the technique of the 21st doesnt want that I complete my work. ^^ The map was only displayed on the minimap in the editor and not on the main screen. There was a kind of blindness. I needed my second pc to orientate. Finally after 5 or 6 hours I got it. :-)

I have my first Highland.kp!
working with firefly's new kme

[ May 14, 2010: Message edited by: LOEweNz@Hn ]

[ May 14, 2010: Message edited by: LOEweNz@Hn ]

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 15, 2010 11:07     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice work!!

If you want me to post the new Highland Tileset on this website, please drop me an email (as you have done before).

I am really happy to see such cool improvements to the mission editing. New KME, new tilesets = exciting new missions!

--------------------

LOEweNz@Hn
Member # 1541

posted May 21, 2010 12:08     Profile for LOEweNz@Hn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you still active here?
I dropped you an email, but no answer. I even tried to phone you...

eNeMDe
Member # 1447

Rate Member

posted September 23, 2011 10:28     Profile for eNeMDe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interesting project. How's the progress? I can't wait for new titleset and kme then will back to create my own mission pack.

[ September 23, 2011: Message edited by: NomadSPG ]

--------------------

Still waiting for KKND3...

Posts: 8 | From: Wrocław | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
AndiNo
Member # 677

Member Rated:

posted January 29, 2012 05:51     Profile for AndiNo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always liked the highlang graphics the most, so thanks for your hard work on this!
I just hope that after 14 years there will finally be someone who creates a real multiplayer map for KKND2. And in the best case with the new highland tileset

Posts: 31 | From: my computer | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hallfiry
Administrator
Member # 2127

Rate Member

posted June 06, 2013 16:55     Profile for Hallfiry     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In case you are interested:
I can literally extract the original tiles from maps and save them to png with transparency, etc.

Posts: 1 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 22, 2013 10:06     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I have some time, I will look into creating a missing with the Highland Tile set. I need to sort out a few other things before getting on this though...

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04