my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » KKND 2 Gaming   » FYI for everyone... If anyone knows how to fix this let me know.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FYI for everyone... If anyone knows how to fix this let me know.
SammMoney
Member # 250

Rate Member

posted August 04, 2005 21:03     Profile for SammMoney     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok so, two of my friends, and myself just got this game. It has come to my attention from reading the forums that Windows XP Home Edition has a problem with this game, be it a Demo or the Full version... People with XP Home are getting the Error
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."

If you have any idea on how to fix this problem please let me know the information would be much appreciated...

By the way my computer is running XP Pro, and another Friends is running XP Pro... Both of our copies can play the game (can't do multiplayer cause we can't see eachothers games but it does work for single player.)

Posts: 7 | From: Coatesville, PA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
SammMoney
Member # 250

Rate Member

posted August 04, 2005 21:05     Profile for SammMoney     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And to add to that... my other friend is running XP Home and is getting the error... But like i said the two with XP Pro are not getting it... Would like some light shed on this subject... Thanks
SammMoney
Member # 250

Rate Member

posted August 04, 2005 21:38     Profile for SammMoney     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok UPDATE... So both of my friends are running Home edition... and i should have read more into the forums... if you are getting the error stated above...

Copy C:\WINDOWS\repair\Autoexec.nt to the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder.

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 05, 2005 11:04     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is good advice (last entry).

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fighter_Phil
Member # 247

Member Rated:

posted August 05, 2005 20:59     Profile for Fighter_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah i had this problem and i had it for a year and then i decided to look it up and i worked it out

--------------------

Fighter_Phil

Posts: 15 | From: Tasmania, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04