my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » KKND 2 Gaming   » Disable Timer?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disable Timer?
Shockwave
Member # 153

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2004 03:45     Profile for Shockwave     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really like KKND 2 - especially the constructibles are a neat idea. But exactly when I'm enjoying a mission at tje most, there comes the "Mission Failed" screen. I guess there is a timer, but it's not shown, so I don't even know how much time I have to finish the mission.

It's really frustrating 'cause I'm a slow player and like to take my time, develop my base to the max, etc.

So is there any way to turn that annoying timer off? Please help!

Dane345345
Member # 30

posted June 09, 2004 09:09     Profile for Dane345345     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Um, there is no timer. If a mission failed it's probably someone "important" died. In some missions, certain people/vehicles aren't allowed to be killed.

It would help if you actually put what mission you were talking about.

Shockwave
Member # 153

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2004 12:15     Profile for Shockwave     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm, for example, Series 9 mission "Round around the Rosie" or something like that. My objective is to destroy the Evolved base in the middle. So I get to destroy the first base, set up camp, develop my base, and bang, MISSION FAILED. Not to mention the game freezes too every time this happens.
Dane345345
Member # 30

posted June 09, 2004 16:19     Profile for Dane345345     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For that mission, there was no time limit. Just make sure your outpost doesn't get destroyed and other things. As far as the mission goes, it is quite simple. The key to this mission is moving fast.

1.) Destroy their base.

Do not destroy their oil derrick. You can use it so you can build 2 power stations

3.) Build 1 force wall so their army will attack that. Then you can kill them with your original attack party. You should only get 1 attack anyway.

4.) Build a transport dome and put a Doom Dome in it. Then fly it over to their base and start shooting up their ant tankers (oil tankers). If 1 unit comes to defend them, just kill it. If a small army is coming load the Doom dome in the transport and fly away. When they move off, then come back and do it again.

After you kill their resources. You have their defense towers left to deal with.

Best thing to kill the Touch of Deaths are the Michealangelos. Load them up in a transport, land the transport right next to the T.O.D and then boom. For the Worms, you can just use Weed Killers.

[ June 10, 2004: Message edited by: Dane345345 ]

Shockwave
Member # 153

Member Rated:

posted June 10, 2004 03:33     Profile for Shockwave     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ERm, thanks for the detailed mission walkthrough.

But that's not my problem - it's the constant Mission Failed. Maybe it's because it's the CD-rip version? Kind of a hidden write-protection...

Dane345345
Member # 30

posted June 10, 2004 07:33     Profile for Dane345345     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, you must just have a messed up version. In the end, you'll eventually have to destroy the oil derrick, so that can't e it.

[ June 10, 2004: Message edited by: Dane345345 ]

Shockwave
Member # 153

Member Rated:

posted June 12, 2004 06:08     Profile for Shockwave     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it seems tto happen randomly, so If I reload, and do something else, I can avoid it. Thanks for the pointers, though I went with a Transport Dome loaded full of Michaelangeloes. There were so many enemy units there, I could hardly land, so I used a constructible plasma and laser tank to lure them to the top of the base using their ranged attacks. They couldn'T even get close to them... And while they were busy there, I blew up the refineries, and the clan hall.
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 13, 2004 10:48     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool walk-thru! I would be interested in some more missions strategies with screen shots to place on the Strategies section!

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shockwave
Member # 153

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2004 03:57     Profile for Shockwave     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, sure thing. I've only doing the SEries 9 missions so far, I've just finished 'GOpher's in a hole' (I think that's the name) yesterday.

Usually I try to minimize losses, so it takes quite some time for me to finish a mission.

Btw, a useful thing I found:

The Series 9 Constructible Plasma Turret (it takes only 5 space) is great against buildings. I usually build a Large/Plasma/armor/speed tank or two, load them in a transport dome and land it outside the enemy base. These things have a really good range (bigger than the anti-infantry turrets) and what's even better, they take out buildings with ease. A Kneecapper takes two hits to destroy for example...

In the mission we spoke earlier, I used one of these tanks to land east of the evolved base, where the Kneecapper is. I took out all the cannons there, then moved to the peninsula where on the other side the enemy refinery is. Now, it took only ten or so shots to destroy it, and by the time it blew up, the whole evolved army (lots and lots of Death Hippos and Missile Crabs) was on my tank's neck. So I loaded it back into the transport and flew home, while my other transport flew 10 Michaelangeloes into the now empty base. I wanted to blow up the clan hall, but it was too cramped around with buidings, so they ended up blowing a few barracks and a Beast shop instead.

Now the enemy was producing units like hell, so it had no money. It tried to rebuild the refinery, but there was no money so it was put on hold.

Meanwhile I used my Plasma tank to destroy other buildings I could reach from the other side of the river. Then I launched my assault, lots of Doom Domes, a few Cauterizers, backed up by two MRU's (mobile repair units).

An attack by my plasma tank lured the enemy's few remaining units out, and I destroyed them without any casualty.
Then I transported my two plasma tanks and an MRU into the base, destroyed all the buildings outside the reach of the Touches of Death. One plasma tank can destroy a Worm with getting only damaged to yellow.

Now I transported as many units as I could into the base, took game speed down to min and attacked the ToDs, plasme tanks behind, drawing back the wounded for repairs.

One more thing I found out in a later mission: Barrage Crafts , if encountered alone, can easily be destroyed by fast units like patrolbots, or a few expendable S9 infantry. Trick is to move right next to them - they cannot fire there and usually just sit and get destroyed. Rarely the try to move away, but you can follow and destroy them.

Dane345345
Member # 30

posted June 16, 2004 13:28     Profile for Dane345345     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In this particular mission, by the time you build Plasma Tanks as you did, it'd be much better just to use Weed Killers to kill the worms. If 10 weed killers attack a Worm, usually only 1 will die.

As far as killing Barrage Crafts go, it'd be much easier to kill it with a Responsebot rather than a Patrolbot. The Responsebot does more damage and it's turreted. The Patrol but isn't turreted and it has to stop while it shoots. If it was up against 2 barrage crafts it would die, while the Reponsebot would be able to dodge all the missiles (with a good driver). Crinoids are really good against Barrage Crafts. But that's enough of my "secrets" for now.

Shockwave
Member # 153

Member Rated:

posted June 16, 2004 16:20     Profile for Shockwave     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found Weed Killers pretty useless against anything but buildings that cannot shoot back...

Plus by the time they even get to the Worms, other nearby towers will start killing them, and it takes also time for them to get into attacking position because of their close range. I only use them for cleanup after all the enemy units and towers are wiped out.

Plus, the strategy I said abou Barrage crafts only works against one, as if there are two, the other will destroy you bot in a few shots. Radiators are also good for this, they have enough HP to get close alive. Responsebots are too slow and they have less HP. I know I tried.

Dane345345
Member # 30

posted June 17, 2004 10:30     Profile for Dane345345     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The reponsebot & radiator are the same speed. Just like all their equivalents. So when are you going to download the game? As I've said before, you can try to pay with paypal. You should sign up on it. Then you could always do the tried and true way of sending mail to Nahoo and paying that way with some kind of transaction option.

[ June 17, 2004: Message edited by: Dane345345 ]

Shockwave
Member # 153

Member Rated:

posted June 20, 2004 13:09     Profile for Shockwave     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, but I kinda down financially now.

Btw, I just finished the next level (Islands in the stream) with only 9 casualties (and most of those were the original infantry). I transported Artilleries on the two small islands abowe the main Survivor base (after wiping out the towers there) and used them to destroy the AA-towers and laser destroyers, and their machine shop as well. Afterwards I landed with a party of 2 Reapers, 5 Sterilizers and an MRU on the west coast, and wiped out the incoming infantry. After I destroyed the AA towers, my Crop Dusters took care of all the remaining enemy forces.

Btw, I'm taking the units sprites even now. Be ready, I'm almost finished with the first one, the Patrolbot.

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04