next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » KKND 2 Gaming   » News from Melbourne House

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: News from Melbourne House
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 18:16     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Noah,

George, a the co-webmaster at Planet KKND 2 wants to know
whether another
sequel will be developed in the future (eg. KKND3). If so, then he has
written many ideas for the game and ways to improve the
gaming experience.

It this stage it doesn't look like there will be another KKND. We don't do
much PC work anymore, and besides, the RTS market looks like a bombsite.

Could you check to see what's happened with the Melbourne
House website, surely there must be a copy on someone’s
computer, eg. designers, editors etc. There was a lot of
content on the original website, and noone expected
the site to disappear, otherwise someone (me) would have
downloaded a copy.

I'll have a look and see what I can dig up.

I am currently checking out the new tile-sets. Thank you for
these, in the years that I have talked with staff at
Melbourne House its the first time that I have actually
received any new files. They will be put to good use.
Thanks again.

No problem Noah.

See yaw later,

Justin Halliday

ADDITIONAL NOTE: You may visit the recently ressurected KKND sites at kknd2.com

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: Nahoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 18:19     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Justin,

I am writing to you in the hope that you will be able to send us full
industrial KKND2 Mission Creator/Editor. Melbourne House no longer appears
to exist so we do not see any issues that could complicate matters with
regards to creating new missions for the game using a stable program.
I have discussed this matter with George Tazberik, we both feel that its
time to give KKND 2 players what they have been waiting for. Some thing new
to get their teeth into. We are willing to comply to some rules and
regulations that need to be imposed or any issues that will allow us to take
full responsibilty over the missions that are created using the program.
I would also like to request the extra missions that were provided by
Melbourne house over the period of a few months. I can no longer find these
missions since the Melbourne Site went down.
If possible, I would be willing to host melbournehouse.com or an exact
mirror, so that KKND2 gamers can find the answers to their KKND2 missions
and check the links and other information on the game. The website was well
designed and I would be happy to place it on my own servers, intact for
free. Obviously the contact information will be omitted so that you do not
receive more queries from the site.
Please contact me with your current email or contact details. I am happy to
talk over the phone, ICQ or simply send messages by email. I look forward
to heard from you.
Thanks,
Noah
PS. Please give my regards to Judy Routt who I had regular discussions with
regarding KKND2 and found some of her advice on the game invaluable.

Hi Noah,

Thanks for the message about KKND2 Krossfire. It's good to see that people
out there still remember the game!

Unfortunately, the editors that we used to create the game were very very
difficult to use and, after an extensive search, I can't find the backups.
The problem is that we actually used an in-house editor to do the levels.
These were then processed by a number of other utilities (to do the minimaps
and the AI waypoint information) before they were output as a LVL file. The
sheer number of programs involved in this process makes it difficult for us
to release it to players, especially considering that I can't find most of
them anyway!

However, I have found some of the graphics sets for the other levels (if
you're interested). I can send these to you if you would like.

I have also found the downloadable missions. The missions, zipped, are 6
meg. Would you like me to email you two zip files? Feel free to put these
on your site and to distribute them on the net.

Regards,

Justin Halliday

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 20:06     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nahoo:
[QB]Hey Noah,

It this stage it doesn't look like there will be another KKND. We don't do
much PC work anymore, and besides, the RTS market looks like a bombsite.

Oh no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: kkndmaster ]

Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 21:00     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I can see at what Justin is getting at. The RTS market is saturated, or at least it was earlier this year. They have been a constant stream of 3D RTS/simulation games during and since the release of KKND2.

I would like to see KKND 3 as the story and the armies involved are more interesting than other RTS games I can mention. Dune has taken off well from its humble simulation beginnings and now its on its fourth version (Emporer).

Posting KKND 3 literature, ideas, concept art would help the cause... hint, hint

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 21:18     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
<hint hint wink wink nudge nudge> soon nahoo soon... I just need to finish the goods.
Posts: 283 | From: Inside Melange Tank on heighliner | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 21:23     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and that's not just it. I don't wanna be the only one add new content to this site. Where are you other guys?

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2001 21:39     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ben has been busy with college and I am having technical problems computer wise.
BennyBarrageCraft
Member # 3

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2001 00:46     Profile for BennyBarrageCraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is certainly a sad day for KKND'ers all over the world. I can hear the foghorn/muted trombone sound "wah wah" right now
Not good..... ...bad
.....bad like Algebra....

Posts: 148 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2001 18:26     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shit happens. but I think that once this site grows some more it will really help the cause and melbourne house might realize that kknd is still loved. I mean with the proper finances and creativity the kknd universe can be very interesting. And finances can be provided by good ol infogrames. and creativity is in part being written by yours truly . and if you read what justin said he simply says at this stage there are no plans. He didn't say mb hates kknd and they want to vomit at the thought of a kknd 2 sequel. and anyways they might make some nice games for the ps2. although that is bad for me since consoles are not my favorite.
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 16, 2001 11:40     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if i would be a millionaire.....

--------------------

Posts: 295 | From: Germany/Pfronten | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fuel
Member # 7

Rate Member

posted November 22, 2001 18:25     Profile for Fuel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boo. Boo I say.
Yes.. boo.

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2001 19:47     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for posting here Fuel. I hope that we can spark a revisit to the game.

Please come back soon, your views, ideas and technical knowledge are needed here!

--------------------

Methane Man
Member # 6

Rate Member

posted November 23, 2001 09:32     Profile for Methane Man     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh dear god, look, a new member!
Posts: 28 | From: Bowels Of Hell | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2001 17:28     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
a new member? a new member!? A New Member!!! Now once I am finished with the newsletter emails there will probably be more to come. Well anyways fuel welcome to the small (but hopefully not for long) planet kknd 2 family.

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: kkndmaster ]

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2001 18:13     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hello, too Nr.7

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2001 18:59     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
did we mention that der berzwinger is the first member to post here?
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 02, 2001 11:18     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nice sig der berzwinger
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted December 02, 2001 12:06     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes, it was hard work to clone all this trees and stones in it, haha

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 02, 2001 12:52     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, signature's pretty cool. Are ya ready for some new members to place on the KKND 2 Clan?

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: Nahoo ]

--------------------

Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2001 13:16     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'm always ready

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2001 18:34     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey nahoo I think we have enough emails maybe we should send the newsletter now.
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2001 19:55     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
See new post.

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 20:50     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Written to Justin Halliday again about some of the points brought up in the forum, awaiting reply...

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 15, 2001 02:31     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
did you tell him that I am designing kknd 3?
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 03, 2002 18:41     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still no reply from Justin. He is taking some time...

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 01:54     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you know how australians are. with their dingos and accents. <nahoo smacks kkndmaster because nahoo is british>
Dominus
Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 02:08     Profile for Dominus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I wasn't a newbie I'd smack you around a bit too :-) I'm Australian and damn proud of it, MATE :-)
Posts: 12 | From: Newcastle, NSW, Australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 02:31     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey I like australians too. I was just joking.
Dominus
Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 05:02     Profile for Dominus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahaha yeah I knew you were, I was just responding in mock outrage

I mean really, it'd be dumb to hate Aussies, after all, we made the game

Posts: 12 | From: Newcastle, NSW, Australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 09:49     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
by the way, Aussies? LOL we Germans also have Ossies (same pronounciation) meant are the people from the DDR Ost = East. They also have accents but they would not be able to make a game like KKND.

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 10:37     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hitler is a kknd 1 fan.

Another strange comment by Kkndmaster

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 11:53     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shut up.

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 13:22     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
geez someone is in a bad mood.
Der Bezwinger
Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 18:50     Profile for Der Bezwinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i am getting used to be associated with Hitler.
But hell, this guy is dead for 57 years and you should think about your stereotyped ideas and prejudices. I know (hope) that you was again "just joking". But some people could missunderstand your commentaries.

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 20:01     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey I'm slovakian so I am not stereotyping. I'm just bored thats all. Sorry that I made a little joke for myself.
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 20:20     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You got the wrong idea...

Germany = "hitler"
... is as about as funny as...
Noah = "who built the ark?"

I have heard them both so much over the years. I know virtually every joke associated with Noah (because its my name). Just the same as when I say "I learnt German at school" or "I have a German friend" some people go "Hieh-Hitler!"...

Remember my new year's resolution to be nicer to people? Well, I am sticking to it. Sorry KKNDMaster, I am not being ill tempered with ya, just generally getting fed up with the Germans = Nazis steroetypes....

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 21:59     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey I was just kidding. I'm sorry.
kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 21:59     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
also I like the name noah.
Dominus
Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 23:50     Profile for Dominus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe, I associate Noah with the actor who plays John Carter on E.R. :-)

and I associate germany with der Bier! I took German at school for awhile too, and I used to KICK ASS and German lotto :-)

elf...doppeltenummer!

and then I got chocolate :-)

*coughs*

I'll shutup now ;-)

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 05, 2002 07:07     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noah Wyle who plays Carter on ER.
That's more like it. I have got a Noah (Noah Woodland) on my ICQ list and I know several others.

Erm... this thread is going way off the original subject. Could we start a new thread?

Thanks!

--------------------

kkndmaster
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 23, 2002 09:43     Profile for kkndmaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he was nice enough to visit this forum but he only kind of dropped by and said hi. And that makes me a sad panda.
Major Scientist
unregistered

posted December 13, 2006 17:54       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nahoo:
[QB]Well, I can see at what Justin is getting at. The RTS market is saturated, or at least it was earlier this year. They have been a constant stream of 3D RTS/simulation games during and since the release of KKND2.

Yeah, and considering KKND wasn't enough of a mainstream series just like War Wind (another good series I'd like to see come back if only one more time,) Darwinistic capitalism took over.

quote:
I would like to see KKND 3 as the story and the armies involved are more interesting than other RTS games I can mention. Dune has taken off well from its humble simulation beginnings and now its on its fourth version (Emporer).

You obviously don't play many recent RTS games then. May I recommend watching Maelstrom and Supreme Commander, digging up SWINE or Earth 2150, or even getting a copy of Dawn of War?
That being said, Emperor looks fantastic and makes me wish I got a copy when I had the chance.

IP: Logged
Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted January 16, 2007 00:50     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmm, can't help but feel we may have strayed a little off topic there, but it doesn't look like said topic will be going anywhere anytime soon

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

Posts: 56 | From: Canberra, Australia | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 23, 2007 14:00     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If anyone wants to contact IMH again, please be my guest!

--------------------

Strongbee
Administrator
Member # 748

Member Rated:

posted January 24, 2007 08:16     Profile for Strongbee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doesn't exist anymore, does it?

--------------------

Open the floodgates!

Posts: 56 | From: Canberra, Australia | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
[CYT]sh@rp
Member # 1768

Rate Member

posted July 12, 2009 09:20     Profile for [CYT]sh@rp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hello, thanks for activating my account.

are there any news about anything that was discussed in that thread?

greetings from germany

--------------------

www.clan-coyote.de

Online Gaming Since 2000.

Posts: 12 | From: Augsburg, Germany | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04