my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » Install problems.. Insert KKND CD 2

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Install problems.. Insert KKND CD 2
Hazel
Member # 3968

Rate Member

posted May 19, 2013 15:13     Profile for Hazel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Guys,

Ive been looking for this game so long that when i saw i could buy it here i didn't even think about it 2 seconds. I just did it!

One of my fav RTS games from my childhood so good i found it.

Anyway, back to the problem.. The way i understands it is after you buy it u can download the files in two fomats; zip and Ios.

The zip files is for dirrect install on the pc?
And Ios is if you wanna burn it Down on a cd and then install it right?

(Im not good at computers)

Anyway i downloaded all the files and chose to use the zip files. I extracted both cd 1 and cd 2. (they each have their own folder)
So i press cd 1, install the game all that, press play.. and a message comes up telling me to insert disc 2.

Then i go to the disc 2 folder(not much in there) press autorun, and the same message comes up. now im quite lost to how i shall get this thing to Work.!!

Someone please help me install the game of my childhood cant wait to play for it.. and yeah i also just payed for it.. so thank you so much if you could guide me here!

Posts: 2 | From: Denmark | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kris De Winter
Member # 3966

Rate Member

posted May 21, 2013 06:00     Profile for Kris De Winter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Hazel,

Can you try downloading the IOS? Those worked for me, I have no idea about the ZIP files.

If you can download the images, you can mount them with a program like Daemon Tools (you can download it here: http://eu-uk1.disc-tools.com/request?p=7b479c5a168424a5d45d17f94c1e1c35/DTLite4471-0333.exe)

Once you mount the images, you can run them and install them just fine from there.

Another option is purchasing from Good Old Games, which is a much easier method, but seeing as you already purchased off of Planet KKND I'm assuming you won't be spending your money twice

I hope this is of some help to you.

Posts: 8 | From: Belgium | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Hazel
Member # 3968

Rate Member

posted May 21, 2013 13:04     Profile for Hazel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Kris De Winter ,

I did what you said and i can now run the game. Thank you so much.

But now i have another problems, as soon as i go into single player and choose a mission its loads for 2 sekonds then the screen turns Black and a message poppin up saying

The program has stopped working, trying to find the reason.. - A problem cause the program to shut Down.

Happends ervery time i try...
My system spec:

Operating System:Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU Type:Intel® Core™ i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
CPU Speed:2.42 GHz
System Memory:6.33 GB
Video Card Model:NVIDIA GeForce GT 540MVideo
Card Memory:1.78 GB
Video Card Driver:nvumdshim.dll
Desktop Resolution:1366x768Hard Disk Size:729.07 GB
Hard Disk Free Space:696.56 GB (96%)

Posts: 2 | From: Denmark | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kris De Winter
Member # 3966

Rate Member

posted May 24, 2013 06:00     Profile for Kris De Winter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm, that's strange. Maybe you can try running it in comptability mode? You can do this by right-clicking the game's start icon and select comptability mode from there. Once you get there, you should get a list where you can choose between Windows 95, 98, XP, etc. I would begin with trying 98 and after that XP. I hope that solves it!

Otherwise, I hope the owner of this site, Nahoo, sees your message and can help you!

Good luck!

Trail
Member # 246

Rate Member

posted June 06, 2013 16:50     Profile for Trail     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL this website still exists? Where is Noah
Posts: 9 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kris De Winter
Member # 3966

Rate Member

posted June 07, 2013 00:53     Profile for Kris De Winter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He posted a few weeks ago. Guess he stops by every once in a while. Wish more people were here
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 22, 2013 10:04     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you get the "Please insert CD" error, the label is wrong. That's all.

I have this stated on the download page and the email. I would recommend using the ISO over the ZIP file for such a reason.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04