next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Planet KKND 2   » General Discussions   » KKND 2 Clan to mySQL

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KKND 2 Clan to mySQL
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 07, 2005 22:42     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have transferred much of the Clan listing to a mySQL table. You can preview the new version at:

http://clan.kknd2.com/listing

This is actually a single page with the illusion of multiple pages and folders. The email addresses should be hidden from general view and slogan/quote/ICQ/website information needs to be added.

Volunteers are welcome!

[ October 15, 2005: Message edited by: Nahoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2005 08:16     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone want to help out here?

--------------------

Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2005 08:31     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noone would do it, so I have populated the database myself.

I have added some much needed anti-SPAM features so that no email can be read by a SPAM bot any longer. Also, all the emails, when clicked, will generate a short email message to send to the user. Let me know if there are any browser or email client issues with this.

Please have a look now at:

http://clan.kknd2.com

Enjoy!

--------------------

vyeyendra
Member # 265

Rate Member

posted October 14, 2005 18:50     Profile for vyeyendra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have no idea what it is. so i cannot help you on that. sorry
Posts: 2 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
BoffinbraiN
Member # 261

Rate Member

posted October 15, 2005 15:05     Profile for BoffinbraiN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So sorry Nahoo...

I would have helped you like I said I would, but I just haven't been able to do anything fun over the last two weeks, since I've had to move into my halls at university, plus get acquainted with the tonnes of assignments they're already giving me. Give me a break!

I just want to mention a few things I observed:
- The clan listing doesn't seem to have changed
- That link above to the SQL table doesn't work any more
- Can you add me to the listing please? If you already have, then forgive me, because I was just looking at the old (?) listings. Or, tell me how to add myself.

As I said before, how are you going to check these people are still 'alive' and wanting to play?

Posts: 35 | From: England, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahoo
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2005 21:01     Profile for Nahoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have made the mySQL version live already. The entire listing is all database driven already.

It looks the same because I haven't changed the appearance (much).

However, there are several new features on the new version of the listing.

- Email addresses are written out by javascript to hide these from SPAM robots.
- Email addresses have the member's name, gaming name, the email subject and the visitor's IP address written in. Click the email link yourself!
- Contact page URLs now accepted as alternative to email addresses.
- MSN support added
- MSN has similar javascript "email address hider"
- Proper website link icon

See my entry (under "N") for an example of all of this.

Now, I need someone to help sort out a member's profile page, a new signup form and perhaps a simple admin area.

Again, if noone can help here, I'll be able to do this myself... but it would be nice for someone else to sort it out.

Also, a new Clan admin would be welcomed to oversee new members and so forth.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Planet KKND 2

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04